We are recruiting a Policy Officer to join the association’s Secretariat based in Brussels. The successful candidate will be part of a small but growing team.
- Monitoring EU policy developments and contributing to strategic policy analysis for members;
- Contributing to the drafting of position papers and other policy material together with the Secretariat and the members;
- Identifying relevant stakeholders and establishing effective relationships;
- Implementing advocacy actions under the mandate of the management board;
- Representing the association in formal and informal meetings and reporting to members and to the management board;
- Participating in the organisation of internal and external events and meetings together with the APE team;
- Supporting association management activities (including Working Groups and other internal activities);
- Acting as a backup for communication activities.
- Master’s degree in EU policy or other relevant field;
- Three to five years of professional experience, preferably in environmental and/or water policy;
- Good knowledge of the EU policy-making process and environmental policy;
- Knowledge of the water sector/industry;
- Outstanding written and spoken English (native level) and high proficiency in French;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex information in a concise, accurate and understandable manner for different audiences;
- Computer proficiency (including Excel), flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (including public speaking and presentation skills);
- Proactive team player with the capacity to propose ideas and lead new projects.
- Proficiency in other European languages (especially Italian, Spanish or German);
- Knowledge/experience of EU project management;
- Previous experience in a membership based association.
APE will offer a salary in line with experience. The salary package includes meal vouchers (‘Chèques Repas’), hospitalisation insurance and partial reimbursement of transportation costs (public transport).
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter by the 16th of April 2018 (please also specify how you heard about this position).
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted for the second stage of the recruitment process which will involve a written test and an interview.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org