Objective of the Assignment:
The objective of the assignment is to support the Governance of Climate Change Finance regional programmes in implementing the programme work-plans to achieve both regional and country specific results.
Scope of work:
The Governance and Climate Change Finance Consultant will work together with specialists in Public Financial Management, Climate Change, and Gender under Governance of Climate Change Finance (GCCF) team at UNDP Bangkok Regional Hub (BRH). The consultant is also required to work with UNDP country office teams to support the implementation of the ongoing GCCF regional programmes in specific areas (please refer to scope of work). The consultant will provide technical inputs on specific products, with a focus on accountability, collaborative research, and engagement with CSOs and parliaments in Nepal and Pakistan including other countries as relevant in Asia and the Pacific.
- The consultant is also expected to provide substantive and administrative support in reporting to the donors of the project, including progress reports, and country work-plans;
- Support an implementation of the country work-plans, with a focus on the collaborative research, which includes engagement with parliaments, and civil society organisations;
- Provide technical inputs and quality assurance on submitted deliverables from in-country TA to advise Governance, Climate Change Finance (CCFF), and Development Effectiveness Advisor prior to work-completion certificate;
- Provide technical inputs and quality assurance to programme key products, such as country specific research products, Collaborative research paper and the operationalization of Climate Chane Financing Framework roadmap;
- Provide substantive support in reporting to the project donor, in particular progress reports, and work-plans as well as support the final evaluation of the regional programme.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
The consultant is expected to deliver the followings:
- Workplan of the assignment;
- Inputs for quality assurance and comments on the draft collaborative research methodologies for the Ministry of Water, Government of Pakistan:
- Work closely with the country team to provide technical inputs and guidance on the development of collaborative research for the Ministry of Water, Pakistan;
- Provide Support the production of the report.
- Final version of Collaborative research paper for the Ministry of Water, Government of Pakistan:
- Work closely with the team of BRH and Pakistan country office to provide technical input and guidance for collaborative research.
- Draft version of Collaborative research paper in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, Pakistan:
- Support the production of the report.
- Technical inputs for trainings for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly:
- Provide technical support for training sessions for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly Parliament, based on Budget Review Toolkit;
- Facilitate one session at the Collaborative research training at Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly.
- Technical support to implementation of CCFF roadmap in Nepal and Pakistan:
- Work with team in Nepal and Pakistan and provide technical support for the implementation of CCFF roadmap including attend various meetings with UNDP COs, CSOs, and government partners.
- Draft version of technical briefs and guidance notes for the implementation of CCFF roadmap:
- Develop 1st version of technical briefs, and guidance notes on CCFF roadmap.
- Final version of technical briefs and guidance notes for the implementation of CCFF roadmap:
- Finalise the technical briefs and guidance notes for the implementation of CCFF roadmap.
- Draft version of programme progress report and work-plan to donors:
- Provide substantive inputs and draft specific sections of the progress report to the donor;
- Provide inputs on draft country specific work-plans, including budgets in consultation with Climate Change Policy expert, and relevant UNDP country office teams;
- Work closely with Nepal and Pakistan team to develop the first draft of progress report including the programme activities from October 2018-March 2019 and develop six-month workplan of the programme.
- Final version of programme progress report and work-plan to donors:
- Work with team to attend the progress report meeting with donor;
- Revise and finalise programme progress report as per discussion with donor meeting;
- Work with GCCF team at BRH and country office teams to finalise country specific workplan to submit to donor.
- Technical input for training session for media work under regional programme:
- Provide technical support and facilitate training sessions for journalists, based on the Media Guide.
- Technical support to local governments in Nepal:
- Work closely with GCCF team to provide technical input and guidance for local governments;
- Support the production of the report.
- Draft version of M&E methodology for end of regional programme evaluation:
- Work with GCCF and country office teams to develop draft M&E methodology.
- Final evaluation team ToR:
- Draft and finalize TOR for final evaluation team.
- Final version of M&E methodology for end of regional programme evaluation:
- Participate in the programme evaluation preparation meeting including attend meetings with donors, country office teams, programme partners, etc.
- Regional programme evaluation participation:
- Coordinate with the evaluator team and participate in programme evaluation.
- First and final version of programme management action:
- Technical support to respond to evaluation team about the management action.
- First version of final programme report:
- Provide substantive inputs and draft specific sections of the final report to the donor including budgets in consultation with Climate Change Policy expert, and relevant UNDP country office teams;
- Work closely with Nepal and Pakistan team to develop the first draft of progress report including the programme.
- Final version of Programme report:
- Work closely with team and country office teams to finalize the regional programme report;
- Coordinate with programme partners to prepare for the programme closure.
The Governance and Climate Finance Consultant will work under the supervision of the BRH’s Governance, Climate Finance and Development Effectiveness Advisor with guidance of the Governance of Climate Change Finance team in UNDP Bangkok Regional Hub.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
- Analytic capacity and demonstrated ability to process, analyse and synthesise complex, technical information;
- Proven ability to support the development of high quality knowledge and training materials, and to train technical teams;
- Proven experience in the developing country context and working in different cultural settings.
- Communicate effectively in writing to a varied and broad audience in a simple and concise manner.
- Capable of working in a high pressure environment with sharp and frequent deadlines, managing many tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Projects a positive image and is ready to take on a wide range of tasks;
- Focuses on results for the client;
- Welcomes constructive feedback.
Required Skills and Experience
The consultant should possess the following expertise and qualification:
- Advanced degree in development studies, political science, law, social sciences, or other related fields;
- At least 10 years of proven experience working with government partners, Working with high-level officials in Asia is an asset;
- Demonstrated, substantive knowledge on governance, and accountability issues;
- Proven experience in policy analysis, and advisory role to senior government stakeholders;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Proven experience in overseeing and ensuring technical soundness of research and analysis products;
- Work experience in an international organization is an advantage;
- Knowledge of UNDP’s policies, procedures and practice is an asset;
- Ability to work as a part of a team, sharing information and coordinating efforts with multi-country teams;
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org