Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated five-year, $25- to $50-million USAID New Education Activity in Somalia. The project aims to increase equitable access to education for marginalized populations and enhance the ability of education authorities to manage and lead the education sector. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall technical leadership and project management and ensure an integrated vision and strategy among all the project’s components and actors;
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID/Somalia, international and regional partners, and host-country government officials on day-to-day implementation and management matters;
- Serve as the lead for the project’s technical services and oversee quality control and responsiveness of work provided by long- and short-term advisors.
- Master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) or higher in education, political science, international development, public administration, international relations, social sciences, or other relevant field; or bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of relevant management, supervisory, and technical experience;
- Minimum 10 years of progressively more responsible supervisory work experience involving direct leadership of professional and support staff, oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables, and contract management;
- Experience implementing activities of similar scope and complexity, in a conflict environment similar to that of Somalia;
- Demonstrated track record of working in teams and fostering partnerships; effective partnerships and coordination with local and national government institutions and local communities;
- Proven leadership in local capacity development efforts, including working with local partners to ensure adherence to all sub-award requirements;
- Understanding of technical activities required for increasing equitable access to education and capacity building of local and national authorities;
- Combination of educational and work experience that clearly demonstrates an ability to provide effective overall technical leadership and oversight;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with local community authorities, national government, U.S. government, implementing partners, and other development partners; ability to foster close working relationships and build trust essential;
- Strong understanding of monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL), including demonstrated experience in providing overall oversight for MEL systems and assuring data quality;
- Strong communication skill and the ability to oversee the quality and timeliness of project reporting efforts;
- Experience developing and administering grants or small grants programs preferred;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluency in writing and speaking English required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org