Our client is an independent international Public Affairs Consultancy.
Our client is a consultancy advising clients based on competencies coming from all over Europe. They provide a solid structure, perspective change and process support skills which are now, additionally to the client's content competence, essential for successful interest representation. Our client has been investing in building up these specialties for nearly three decades. Expanding their market presence, they are further extending and strengthening their key expertise around the EU Institutions, a growing market for the company for the next few years.
Professional skills and education
- National or international academic degree, e.g. in law, business administration/business management, economics, political science or comparable;
- Ideally 2 - 4 years professional experience in a political or politic-related environment, e.g. a political party, European Parliament, European Commission, national parliament, public administration, political foundation or in a relevant department at a company;
- Political insight and interest, possibly volunteer work;
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge about political decision-making processes and institutions at European level (Council, European Commission, European Parliament), knowledge about German political processes and structures desirable;
- Very good contact and communication skills;
- Multi-tasking skills;
- Ideally fluent in German and English;
- Ability to quickly familiarize oneself with new content subjects;
- Personal initiative and independent work in consultation with the direct supervisor (Senior Consultant or Director);
- Pronounced capacity for teamwork;
- Pronounced service awareness/client orientation;
- Pronounced quality awareness;
- Polite, confident manner;
- Political process control competence.
- Interest representation in cooperation with the supervisor;
- Analysis and written processing of complex issues;
- Supporting the supervisor with regard to project execution;
- Research of, for example, key players in future/current legislation;
- Acquisition of detailed knowledge about client relevant and sectoral issues;
- Development and maintenance of an own network at European level, e.g. in the Council of the European Union, the European Parliament, the European Commission;
- Point of contact for the client, in cooperation with the supervisor;
- Operative support of the supervisor;
- If applicable, organization and execution of events (e.g. parliamentary evenings, workshops, hearings) in cooperation with the supervisor;
- If applicable, content and editorial support for the client newsletter.
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) to Jason Descamps, Executive Search Consultant at EARS.
Please make sure to mention in the subject of your email: “Consultant Governmental Relations”.
We will be receiving applications until 30 April.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org