iMentor is seeking a seasoned Director of Development to lead local development strategy and execution while building the financial sustainability of iMentor Bay Area. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development (DD) will be responsible for crafting a comprehensive development strategy for iMentor Bay Area and executing on that strategy to meet ambitious fundraising goals across all revenue streams, raising approximately $1M in the 2018-2019 program year. A successful DD will cultivate and lead key relationships with individuals and institutions, building new relationships for iMentor in the philanthropic landscape and diversifying funding sources. This person will support the Executive Director in board leadership, cultivating new members and guiding the board on fundraising strategy. The DD will work with the National Development team to understand existing best practices and extend them to the region, while also sharing new ideas, educating others across both the regional and National teams, and improving the success of development efforts org-wide.
The ideal candidate will have experience fundraising across multiple revenue streams, strong business development instincts, and a deep understanding of the philanthropic landscape of the Bay Area. They will also have an understanding of the college success/education reform landscape and will have demonstrated success cultivating lasting relationships and making six-figure asks. Our DD will be a strong, influential leader on a growing team with a collaboration and sustainable growth mindset.
- Create a comprehensive development strategy for iMentor Bay Area, and execute on that strategy in partnership with the Executive Director and iMentor team;
- Meet quarterly fundraising goals across all revenue streams, raising approximately $1M in the 2018-2019 program year;
- Support the Executive Director in board leadership by cultivating new members and providing guidance to existing members on fundraising strategy;
- Cultivate and lead key relationships with individuals and institutions;
- Conduct high-level prospect research (individual donors, corporate giving, foundations) to create new relationships in the philanthropic landscape and diversify funding sources;
- Lead mentor giving strategy;
- Work with the National Development team to understand our best practices and extend them to the region;
- Advise the Executive Director on strategy for funding opportunities;
- Serve as the regional development expert, leading the rest of the team and program to understand their roles in development for iMentor;
- Provide leadership for Young Executive Board relationships and events;
- Support iMentor organization-wide initiatives;
- Some travel required: 15-20% within Bay Area; transportation not provided.
- Ten (10) or more years of development experience across multiple revenue streams, with demonstrated success making six-figure asks;
- Experience leading development strategy for an organization, and leading and managing a team in the successful execution of that strategy;
- A dynamic and savvy professional who absolutely loves external-facing fundraising and has the confidence to make major gift asks;
- Experience working with a board of directors including recruiting board members, cultivating them, helping board members reach their goals, and helping to lead board meetings;
- A clear understanding of the philanthropic landscape of the Bay Area;
- Deep and broad experience and best-practice knowledge across revenue streams that will bring innovations not only to the region, but also help to shape iMentor’s national development strategy;
- A passion for sharing knowledge and experience and helping to develop the abilities of colleagues across departments and levels;
- Aligned in thought and action with iMentor's values;
- Views differences between individuals (race, gender, age, cultural heritage, physical ability,education and lifestyle) as an asset and demonstrates an appreciation of the diversity within iMentor;
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Employment is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory fingerprinting and criminal background check.
The ideal candidate will also have experience:
- Leading annual giving campaigns;
- Leading growth capital campaigns;
- Leading events;
- In corporate strategy, corporate engagement and raising five- and six-figure corporate gifts.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Up to 100% employer funded comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 18 days paid annual vacation and 13 paid holidays + most iMentor functions closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- 401K match up to 4%
- Significant opportunities for professional development and growth
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org