**This position is contingent upon on funding**
CRDF Global seeks an experienced Program Manager to support implementation of the organization’s “Strengthening Cybersecurity in Ukraine” program.
Funded by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs, the “Strengthening Cybersecurity in Ukraine” program seeks to build capacity in Ukraine to counter cyber aggression and withstand cyber attacks. This position is based out of CRDF Global’s office in Arlington, VA and will report to the Director of Research & Innovation. S/he will also work closely with a Project Manager and Program Assistant based in our office in Kyiv, Ukraine.
The Program Manager will have primary responsibility for overseeing a suite of activities that will strengthen cybersecurity capabilities in Ukraine, including, but not limited to:
- E-learning courses on “cyber hygiene”
- Faculty/curriculum development in Ukraine through matching and collaborating with U.S. subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Training for Cyber Incident and Threat Actor Modeling and Information Sharing
- Train-the-Trainers initiatives for cyber security assessment
- “Hackathon” competitions that challenge students/professionals to design technical solutions to cyber challenges
- Cybersecurity improvement grants
The Program Manager will develop and manage the technical, financial, and administrative aspects of each activity to ensure that projects are consistent with CRDF Global and client objectives. The Program Manager will also work closely with U.S. and Ukrainian cybersecurity SMEs.
The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, have exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills, be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and be capable of meeting tight deadlines. In addition to the aforementioned staff, the Project Manager will work with a Program Assistant, Travel & Events staff, and Grants/Procurement staff in both Kyiv and the U.S.
- Oversee implementation of all activities within the “Strengthening Cybersecurity in Ukraine” portfolio and ensure timely submission of high-quality deliverables within budget
- Serve as the Team Lead for the “Strengthening Cybersecurity in Ukraine” Program
- Supervise one Project Manager and one Program Assistant based in Kyiv, Ukraine
- Work with project staff in Ukraine and cybersecurity SMEs to design, develop, and implement in-person and online cybersecurity-related trainings
- Draw on understanding of cybersecurity to work with research institutes, host governments, universities, the private sector, and funders
- Develop and monitor annual program budgets
- Interact with funders and submit reports, as required
- Represent CRDF Global at domestic and international events, as necessary
- Participate in/Lead growth and business development efforts for the program
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, cybersecurity, or related field
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience in managing cybersecurity-related projects or programs
- 1-2 years of experience working for an international organization
- Experience working with program budgets and familiarity with U.S. government regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present to internal and external clients
- Strong diplomatic and negotiating skills and good judgment
- Willing/able to travel domestically or internationally, as necessary
- Experience in working with diverse groups of individuals from various nationalities, professional backgrounds, and sectors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and use of databases
- U.S. work authorization
- Master’s degree in computer sciences, cybersecurity or related field
- Professional fluency in Ukrainian or Russian
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a cover letter and resume.