The Climate Action Network (CAN) is a worldwide network of over 1100 Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in more than 120 countries, working to promote government and individual action to limit human-induced climate change to ecologically sustainable levels.
CAN members work to achieve this goal through information exchange and the coordinated development of NGO strategy on international, regional, and national climate issues. CAN has regional network hubs that coordinate these efforts around the world.
The Operations Assistant will work with the Operations Department to help support the CAN Network by assisting with membership management, CAN email lists, event logistics, and general organizational development.
While this is a remote position, someone located within the EU or Germany is preferred. This is a full-time contract position, until January 31, 2019 (with possibility of extension) that starts immediately.
- In conjunction with the Head of Operations, leads on listserv maintenance across 20 subscription lists with over 3,000 total subscribers, processes all incoming requests, and subscription account modifications;
- Conducts audits of the listservs and ensures member information is accurate and up-to-date;
- Works with the Network Development and Outreach Department to ensure membership and Node information is up-to-date, Conducts audits of online membership profiles, and processes membership requests;
- Maintains the internal membership list and updates membership information with the UNFCCC;
- Provides support to departments in relation to their logistical needs, which includes, but is not limited to: locating accommodation, arranging catering, securing venues, leading the process for funded participants, and making arrangements with outside contractors (facilitators, speakers, etc.);
- Acts as the lead on COP Logistics including printing/ECO, accommodation, and strategy session;
- Leads on Fossil of the Day media reporting and overall impact of the action;
- Serves as a liaison within the staff in regard to various accreditation practices;
- Assists in gathering information for the Annual Report on a regular basis and working with departments to ensure accuracy;
- Assists with HR tasks in relation to internal staff resources, remote working tools, and staff communication, while also serving as the internship liaison;
- Leads on auditing the CAN website and liaises with other departments regarding content that needs to be added or updated;
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in relevant field, Master’s Degree preferred;
- At least 2 years of experience working or volunteering in a relevant field, preferably including at a non-profit;
- Familiarity using online organizing tools;
- Successful event planning experience;
- Passionate about developing organizational best practices;
- Good attention to detail;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently in a remote office environment;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and spoken English;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of: Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Drupal CMS, Social Media and Skype;
- Interest in climate issues preferred, but not required;
- Personal computer and reliable internet access.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org