The Innovation Center for Energy and Transportation (iCET), with headquarters in Beijing and an office in Los Angeles, is currently seeking a highly-motivated individual with broad cleanetch experience for an entrepreneurial role of Cleantech Development Manager. iCET is a leading think tank with a mission to strengthen international collaboration and provide decision makers with urgently needed innovative solutions to solve the energy, environment, and climate crises. The position will be full-time based in downtown LA with occasional travel to China.
Reporting to the Executive Director and in coordination with staff in Beijing and Los Angeles, the Cleantech Marketing & Partnership Manager will oversee iCET’s primary program for US-China clean technology collaboration – the U.S.-China Cleantech Center (UCCTC: www.uschinacleantech.org).
The U.S.-China Cleantech Center is a partnership between iCET and the International Trade Administration of US Dept. of Commerce to expand US exports in clean technology to China – the fastest-growing clean technology market in the world. The major responsibilities are:
I. US-China Collaboration on Clean Technology
- Help the Executive Director develop strategic plans for UCCTC
- Lead business development for new and existing products, services, and projects (e.g., recruiting US companies for trade missions, developing trade missions and B2B services between US and China, providing export and consulting services)
- Oversee and maintain partnership database and lead in building partnerships with US government agencies, trade associations, US companies and other US stakeholders
- Conduct and supervise China market research for US companies
II. Clean Energy/Environmental Technology Expertise
- Follow trends in US clean technology and communicate how UCCTC can make contributions
- Represent UCCTC at meetings and conferences on clean technology and enhance UCCTC‘s public and media engagement
- Undertake technical and business analyses and offer advice to US companies
III. Broader Organizational Management and Development
- Manage staff and interns and ensuring high-quality output
- Provide English-language support to native Chinese staff
- Maintain and develop new linkages with partners
- Write and present both business and grant proposals
- 2+ years of work experience required in an environmental, clean technology, or relevant field, ideally in a business-related capacity within a US firm (e.g., consulting, private company)
- A strong understanding of sustainability, particularly in the areas of clean energy, environmental technology, energy efficiency, clean transportation, etc.
- Native English is required, and ability to deal with US government (federal, states, cities) and engaging directly with senior decision makers and business leaders in US
- Chinese language and cultural experience are desirable;
- Excellent communication (especially writing) skills and interpersonal/teamwork skills; creative, yet detail-oriented.
- A Master’s degree in business, policy, international affairs, energy/environment, or related field from a reputable academic institution is highly preferred
- Self-motivated and long-term commitment for environment and sustainability
- Strong analytical skills, preferably with technical background in the area of clean energy, environmental technology, etc.
- Able to manage multiple time-sensitive priorities
- Able to attend occasional calls or events in the evening
- Basic knowledge of working in non-profit or public sector
Please send CV and cover letter (with availability).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org