The Director of the Ukraine NGO Forum is based in Kyiv and is expected to manage the Forum as a platform, as an advocacy body, and to provide support to the realization of its strategic objectives and to the members at large.
The Director will work under the guidance of the Forum Steering Committee specifically, towards the objectives of the NGO Forum as described above and as defined in detail by the strategies approved by the Steering Committee and ratified by the plenary group of members.
Except for any supervisory and management responsibilities, the Ukraine NGO Forum Director will share, allocate, and coordinate these duties with the NGO Forum Secretariat.
The Ukraine NGO Forum serves as the representative of the NGO Forum members, and reports directly to the NGO Forum Steering Committee, elected by the members on annual basis, ensuring the highest level of transparency. The Director serves as line manager to NGO Forum Deputy Director, National Advocacy Manager and Finance Manager.
In coordination with the NGO Forum Steering Committee represents NGO Forum in front of UN, EC, GoU, donors and other relevant stakeholders, presenting the agreed position of NGO Forum members. Serves as a key advocacy focal point for the NGO Forum members.
- Creates an environment conducive to trust-building and sharing of information, active participation, and innovative collaboration between Ukraine NGO Forum members;
- Facilitates transparent coordination between the NGO Forum members including regular sharing of information between members, and to external stakeholders;
- Ensures funding and contributions for NGO Forum activities and services, including the support of general fundraising efforts of the NGO community at large as and when required;
- In close collaboration with members, develops the NGO Forum Strategy;
- Ensures a solid understanding of the needs, challenges and priorities of the NGO community through the design, development, and implementation of programming in line with NGO Forum strategic priorities;
- Represents and advocates to external stakeholders in close collaboration with the NGO community, and along with the NGO Steering Committee; represents the NGO Forum at high-level meetings;
- Provides information, briefings, presentations on the function and structure of the humanitarian NGO community in Ukraine;
- Represents NGO members at the Humanitarian Country Team, Inter-Sector Coordination Group, and ad hoc coordination groups, meetings and initiatives as mandated by the NGO Forum and/or alongside other NGO representatives and distributes meeting information and collects feedback to and from Forum members, assuring the representational nature of the position;
- Develops productive relationships with key individuals in relevant government as required in close collaboration with the NGO Forum Steering Committee, including ministries, civil society, counterpart institutions, the foreign and national NGO community, UN agencies and offices, Government of Ukraine, de-facto NGCA authorities, diplomatic missions, and donors;
- Schedules NGO Forum meetings and NGO Forum Steering Committee meetings, drafts agendas, invites external speakers and follows up on relevant action points including the distribution of meeting minutes;
- Establishes mechanisms to provide regular security updates to the NGO Forum including the establishment of relationships with security-oriented organizations;
- Manages the NGO Forum Secretariat and the support services that are provided through this structure, including day-to-day management of personnel and resources, performance appraisals, and assuring staff have the correct skills to meet the needs and priorities of the NGO community;
- Other tasks in line with the strategy approved by NGO Forum Steering Committee and ratified by the Forum members in good standing.
- At least eight years of international experience in the sphere of humanitarian assistance, early recovery, or development, of which at least four years were at programme management level with significant experience in high-level representation and experience in advocacy at all levels;
- At least two years’ experience in leading a multi-organizational platform or Cluster coordination;
- At least two years’ experience in successful advocacy work;
- At least two years' experience working on strategic level issues;
- Proven fundraising skills;
- Significant experience coordinating humanitarian activities within a UN-led cluster system and/ or similar coordination mechanisms;
- Experience working with LNGOs and implementing partners;
- Experience working in conflict environment;
- Fluency in English; a basic working knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian language is desirable;
- A university degree in a relevant field; a master’s degree is highly preferable;
- Previous experience in a managerial position at an NGO Forum greatly preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org