MADRE seeks an energetic Program Coordinator to coordinate, develop, refine and execute an innovative system and related tools and processes for monitoring, learning and evaluation. The Program Coordinator will work across the organization to support and integrate monitoring, learning and evaluation into teams’ work, to ensure MADRE is making the impact we want to see in the world, and effectively contributing to knowledge acquisition and best practices in the broader human rights field. This position reports to MADRE’s Director of Learning and Evaluation, and will be based in New York.
Responsibilities for the position include:
Planning & Systems Development
- Assist with the design and development of project, program and organizational monitoring, learning and evaluation plans (systems, tools, processes and related materials), including identifying, developing and maintaining a portfolio of M&E best practices and tools (quantitative and qualitative);
- Work with teams to identify and implement output, outcome and impact indicators for success and to demonstrate progress in delivery and impact against project, program and organizational strategic objectives;
- Provide technical support to program teams preparing results frameworks for donors and other stakeholders, to ensure alignment with overall organizational framework and strategic direction;
- Contribute to the continued development and success of MADRE’s Strategic Plan, including through coordination and facilitation of staff-wide periodic reviews of progress against its objectives.
Monitoring & Reporting
- Coordinate and assist with monitoring, learning and evaluation plan implementation including, conducting data collection and monitoring with MADRE staff and partners, updating indicator tracking tables, and regularly assessing, piloting and/or modifying approaches, tools and techniques to maximize project and program efficacy;
- Provide support for and draft routine progress reports against project, program and Strategic Plan objectives, and ensure internal/external M&E requirements are aligned;
- Assist with the process for selecting and supervising external consultants for monitoring, learning and evaluation assignments.
Evaluation & Learning
- Contribute to evaluation through identifying and implementing tools to evaluate impact at project, program and organizational levels;
- Conduct baseline/needs assessments, surveys, interviews, focus groups and other creative methods of evaluation;
- Analyze and extract data from evaluation processes (recommendations, lessons learned and promising practices) and ensure knowledge is managed and disseminated for use in ongoing and new program development;
- Assist with drafting high quality programmatic learning and evaluation reports, and other knowledge and think pieces, to effectively contribute to the human rights field and influence the actions of stakeholders such as philanthropists, decision makers, and peer organizations around the value of grassroots, women-led human rights work;
Training, Capacity Building & Technical Assistance
- Support the roll-out and assist with the facilitation of monitoring, learning and evaluation training and capacity building activities to MADRE partners and staff;
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to MADRE’s staff and partners to build their understanding of monitoring, learning and evaluation and ensure they are effectively built into all work.
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in human rights or a related social science field and a minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights and MADRE’s mission;
- Substantive knowledge of and experience with monitoring, learning and evaluation and project/program management, including results-based management and log frames;
- Ability to promote individual and organizational learning and knowledge sharing using formal and informal methodologies;
- Ability to seek new and improved methods for monitoring, learning and evaluation;
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with multicultural team members and external partners;
- Ability to multi-task effectively, including having good planning and organizing skills and ability to work under pressure are required;
- Applicant must be willing to travel internationally between 5-10% of the time;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Experience as a trainer and facilitator on monitoring, learning and evaluation, and in developing user-friendly practical guidance and tools conducive to learning a plus;
- Experience in monitoring complex projects and multi-country program implementation is an asset;
- Experience in grant proposal development and monitoring and evaluating large government grants, bilateral and multilateral awards highly desired;
- Must have authorization to work in the United States.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Flexible start date. MADRE is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices based on a person's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, age, disability and other status, and in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool. Please send a cover letter and resume. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org