The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids (CTFK) is a proven leader and partner in advancing tobacco control policy change in the U.S. and around the world. The Campaign has made significant progress and developed a proven approach to partnering, equipping, and empowering local NGOs to lead and attain lasting policy change that improves health and saves lives in low and middle-income countries around the world. Building on the success and lessons learned from the global fight against tobacco, the Campaign launched the Global Health Advocacy Incubator (GHAI) in 2014 as a special initiative to support policy change campaigns around the globe on other critical public health issues. To date, that work includes: obesity prevention and cardiovascular health, road safety, drowning prevention, maternal and reproductive health, preventing epidemics, and vital statistics. Our tobacco and expanded-issue advocacy campaigns have achieved hundreds of policy successes in dozens of countries. We are seeking a Director of Strategic Outreach and Marketing to: Increase the visibility of our entire global health portfolio with key audiences; Market our services to create and ensure a diverse and sustainable funding base for our global work; and Provide new opportunities to improve public health.
The Director of Strategic Outreach and Marketing is responsible for building and managing the global program’s brand, building visibility, and developing new business partnerships for the overall global program. This position manages all aspects of marketing and communication in order to establish the organization as a leader in global health advocacy, raise awareness of our work and success, and develop and implement a successful marketing plan to achieve funding goals. The Director reports to the Vice President, Global Health Advocacy Incubator, and works in close collaboration with global program staff in carrying out the work. The position requires at least 10 years experience in marketing and client-development.
The Director is responsible for three key work areas:
- Managing overall global and GHAI brand to raise the visibility of global efforts;
- Developing key marketing messages and ensure consistency of use across outreach efforts;
- Overseeing the creation of marketing materials that describe existing work and amplify key successes and best practices;
- Utilizing the organization’s web and social media properties to promote the brand and work of the global program;
- Working closely with global leadership team to conceive and pitch proposals to expand work; and
- Ensuring integration with CTFK’s Communication and Development teams to facilitate alignment and consistency of messaging representing the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids’ and GHAI’s brand.
- Developing and implementing a plan to establish the organization as a thought-leader in global health advocacy and to introduce the organization and its programs to new audiences and potential clients and donors;
- Identifying publications, conferences, and other opportunities to promote our work and brands among relevant audiences,
- Establishing development goals based on relevant market analysis and organizational plans;
- Identifying potential clients, creating outreach plans, and assisting in the development of new strategic partnerships;
- Developing appropriate cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies;
- Supporting senior management of GHAI in new business development and outreach; and where appropriate conducting direct outreach to new donors;
- Tracking and measuring progress in the development of new program partnerships and strategic alliances to extend the global brand and create new marketing opportunities, and
Donor and Client Management and Reporting
- Tracking donor reporting and other requirements for existing donors and ensuring that all reports are submitted on time and consistent with donor agreements;
- Working with program leads to improve the quality of donor reports and communication of program successes; and
- Assisting GHAI senior leadership team in developing and preparing for presentations to donors at partner meetings and in partner discussions.
- Creative thinker, with at least 10 years of experience in marketing and business/development fundraising,
- Demonstrated experience developing, managing, and implementing creative marketing strategies that achieve measurable results,
- Proven track record of successful fundraising and partnership development for global NGOs,
- Knowledge in using web and social media properties to promote brand,
- Knowledge of philanthropic and global public health communities,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Team player with strong leadership and interpersonal abilities and enthusiasms for work in start-up environment,
- Passion for the mission of CTFK/GHAI, and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, fluid environment.
- Foreign language skill fluency is a plus.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, writing sample, resume and salary requirement to: [email protected] . Please reference the position code: LA/DHP/GHAI/12 in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.