Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Under the direction of the assigned Senior Project Manager and in coordination with the Project Implementer and the Project Management Team, the JSSP Project Officer provides support and monitoring to the Afghanistan based JSSP project including traveling to the JSSP project office in Kabul. Specific responsibilities follow below.
- Ensures compliance with assigned contracts, annual work plan, and budget. Serves as a point of contact for field PMO for day-to-day activities including procurement, compliance, budgeting, invoice documentation coordination, contracting short-term consultants and long-term staff and deploying to field, project-related travel, and coordination of logistics.
- Participates in calls and meetings with client and implements needed corrective actions identified.
- Drafts and formats client approval requests and other client communications.
- Tracks and reviews project deliverables prior to client submission.
- Conducts procurement process, negotiates, and oversees U.S. subcontracts and provide support to field team for local subcontracts and procurements.
- Maintains project files in accordance with Tt DPK filing policy and for maintaining project description and contacts list in central database.
- Edits and formats project reports and other documents including general copy editing, editing for content, and ensuring compliance with Tt DPK Style Manual.
- Travels to the project office in Kabul to support the team on site.
- Available to address time-sensitive project related-issues as they arise, including on weekends, consistent with the project office time difference and work schedule.
- Other duties as needs arise.
Recruiting and Human Resource Management
- Provides support to human resources and/or project staff with recruitment of long-term Afghan local and expatriate staff and needed international consultants.
- Ensures that international roster of backup candidates is maintained as contractually required including carrying out recruiting for candidates
- Coordinates security clearances and on boarding of international experts
- Arranges travel and logistics for consultants and long-term field office staff.
- Assists with verification of employment for Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) applicants.
Financial Management and Invoicing
- Supports project invoicing and booking of project expenditures.
- Assists with compiling ODC backup.
- Prepares contract packages and reviews invoices and travel expense reports of short-term consultants for submission to Finance.
- Works in collaboration with Finance team to ensure that memorandums, consultant letters, subcontracts, and purchase orders are in place where needed.
- Tracks subcontract payments on monthly basis.
- Provides support and coordination for general departmental needs, including s database (ARDis) updates.
- Provides input to the Regional/Technical Directors on the following functions as needed:
- Small Business Reporting
- Program Development and Implementation Indicators
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, human resource management, recruiting, public administration, international relations, or related fields preferred.
- One to three years of experience (may be in an unrelated field).
- Demonstrated capacity to complete project support, monitoring and administrative tasks timely.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems independently.
- Ability to maintain flexibility in work hours and days to meet client and project needs.
- Relevant foreign language skills a plus, e.g., Pashto or Dari.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org