The Project Manager will work under the supervision of the HoM and in collaboration with the Country Administrator and local staff/and partner.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- S/He will directly plan project activities under the supervision of the Head of Mission;
- S/He will coordinate the local operational staff;
- S/He will ensure the project reporting in accordance with the deadlines, (activity planning, monthly project progress and final report);
- S/He will work in close in collaboration with the Country Administrator and the the Head of Mission in budgeting, forecast and control of financial flows and planning;
- S/He will provide the processing of any potential project amendment or extension within the due times;
- S/He will be directly responsible for field staff recruitment and coordination;
- S/He will conduct training /mentoring /coaching for project staff team on an ongoing basis;
- S/He will guarantee that all the activities are in line with Donors’ and Cesvis’ procedures and rules;
- S/He will report to the donors and ensure the quality and accuracy of the technical information provided;
- S/He will actively participate to the Cluster Working Group;
- S/He will write new project proposals in coordination with HQ and the field;
- S/He will liaise with relevant stakeholders.
- Degree and/or Master in Cooperation and development/emergency;
- Minimum 2/3 years’ project management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs in both protracted crisis and development contexts;
- At least 1 experience in shelter/construction management projects;
- Solid experience in needs assessments and project proposal writing;
- Ability to produce high quality narrative reports;
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control, especially under AICS (Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo) rules and regulation;
- Solid diplomatic and leadership skills in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners, and acting effectively as an integration team member;
- Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently;
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
- High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package).
- Prior experience in Lebanon and/or other complex areas in the Middle East;
- Knowledge of Arabic.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org