The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
The Executive Assistant to the Executive Director (DC) will provide high-level project execution and administrative support to the Executive Director and other GFI team members. The Executive Assistant to the Executive Director (DC) will be responsible for:
- Managing and supporting the Executive Director’s schedule by maintaining and tracking appointments, booking travel arrangements, scheduling and confirming meetings, and managing the general calendar.
- Coordinating select human resources-related activities, including providing support to the hiring team in managing internal interview processes and supporting the Operations team with retreat and special event planning needs.
- Representing GFI to the general public: drafting and editing letters, presentations, and general informational materials; and managing all general inquiries to the Executive department and to the Executive Director and General Counsel, including telephone calls and email.
- Providing administrative and accounting support, e.g., completing expense reports.
- Assisting with the creation of meeting agendas, coordinating with the Development team on philanthropic engagement strategy, providing updates on the Executive Director’s meetings for the Development team, and crafting oral and written donor communications on the Executive Director’s behalf.
- Developing and making recommendations for systems and processes to support the Executive team and ensuring high-quality execution and coordination across the organization.
- Providing administrative support for the Washington, D.C. office.
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Executive Director and Special Advisor.
Who We’re Looking For
The Executive Assistant to the Executive Director (DC) must have:
- A bachelor’s degree or a minimum of three years’ work experience in a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A high degree of organization and efficiency.
- The ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- A friendly, positive, customer service-oriented personality.
- Support for GFI’s philosophy and ability to advocate professionally for GFI’s positions.
- Experience in a nonprofit or customer service position and a degree in a related field (public relations, nonprofit management, or communications) are preferred but not required.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Sanah Baig, Special Advisor to the Executive Director
- Location: Remote; United States; must live in the Washington, D.C. area
- Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, competitive holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
- This is a U.S.-based position: We are only able to consider applicants who are United States citizens or who already possess a United States Worker Visa.
- Salary: $40,000-46,000
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org