In GE, the communications function is a strategic business partner that enables us to compete and win in a broad range of global industries. The Communications Internship is a project-based experience designed to offer hands-on exposure to GE’s corporate communications function.
- The internship is designed to give current undergraduate students exposure to GE strategic initiatives and the role communicators play in achieving business objectives.
This will be summer internship (10-12 weeks) with a minimum of 40 hours per week.
The assignment is focused in specific communication areas that could include public relations, digital communications, public affairs, organizational/employee communications, marketing communications, executive communications and event planning.
- Drive brand awareness and engagement among investors, customers, employees and external stakeholders
- Help develop and executive communication strategies for company-wide culture initiatives
- Develop creative content (emails, videos, blog posts, articles, etc.) for internal platforms
- Provide support for internal events and executive communications
- Pursuing a minimum of a four-year degree in (communications related course work a plus) in one of the following or related fields: English, Journalism, Media Studies, Political Science, International Relations, Communications, Public Relations, Advertising, Marketing Communications.
- U.S. Work Authorization
- Experience through an internship or other communications work experience
- Passion for Communications
- Strong functional communication skills, particularly writing
- Computer skills: PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel Experience with publishing platforms and design software a plus
- GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0 -Unrestricted authorization to work in the US
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org