The Global Business Development (GBD) Department leads in securing funding to grow the organization as a whole. GBD leads on efforts to secure funds through proposals submitted to bilateral government development agencies and multilateral development agencies.
Additionally, GBD -- in partnership with the Fundraising team -- supports and/or leads proposals to foundations and corporate partners. GBD builds relationships with key funders, develops
proposals and award applications, creates and maintains institutional documents (capability statements, marketing materials, past performance references, etc.), and supports the dissemination of project information throughout the organization.
iDE is seeking one or more qualified, capable and hard-working individuals to work at the headquarters office in Denver, Colorado supporting our GBD team.
List of duties may include the following:
● Research funding opportunities and potential donors. This will include reviewing, vetting and disseminating relevant information to staff.
● Support knowledge management activities, including data entry in Salesforce, organization of folders on the organization’s shared server, managing spreadsheets for tracking of live proposals, keeping meeting notes, etc.
● Provide support in preparing proposals, including writing, formatting, condensing, editing, etc.
● Support quarterly reporting to donors including editing and tracking report submissions.
● Identify upcoming relevant conferences and support staff in preparing presentations.
● Review and in some cases translate documents in Spanish, French or Portuguese, as possible.
● Other support functions as agreed upon with your supervisor, including designing communications for individual donors, supporting event planning, supporting preparation of materials for the board of directors, etc.
● Excellent writing, editing and formatting skills
● Strong organizational skills and proven ability to pay attention to detail and move projects along according to schedule
● Excellent communication capabilities
● Experience conducting internet research
● Skilled in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Salesforce is favorable.
● Self-motivated, capable of multi-tasking, and a team player
● Grant writing experience preferred
● BA/MA in International Relations, International Development, English, or similar field preferred
● Foreign language ability favorable
● Enthusiastic with a sincere interest in the goals of the organization
Time commitment: At least 10 hours per week, preferably more. Some amount of remote work is possible, but ability to be present in the office at least two days per week is important.
Anticipated length of engagement: Minimum 3 months, preferably longer.
This is an unpaid position, but could be eligible for academic credit, depending on the requirements of the intern’s institution.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org