Reporting to the Director of Exchange Visitor and Grant Programs, the Program Officer will be based in Cultural Vistas’ DC Office. They will develop and facilitate the operations of the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) and inbound exchange programs (including Embassy programs) through program development, compliance, team work, knowledge sharing, and continuous client interaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Management for Inbound Exchange Visitor and Grant Programs -
- Responds to Embassy and other funder requests in a timely manner and prepares comprehensive proposals, as required
- Works in conjunction with partners to implement programmatic objectives and goals and organize resource meetings
- Prepares submission of fiscal reports as requested by the U.S. Embassy and other funding partners
- Provides support and guidance to program participants, as necessary, during the duration of their stay in the U.S.
- Organizes participant/mentor selection processes and confirms eligibility and selection, as required per individual program guidelines
- Works closely with Program Development and/or Berlin Office on the design and implementation of inbound placement programs
- Develops, maintains and analyzes participant survey data
- Program and Grant Management for IVLP -
Facilitates the program from the beginning of the application process to completion with minimal guidance:
- Designs, plans and implements multiple IVLP projects throughout the program year
- Evaluates IVLP project applications to determine satisfaction of project objectives and U.S. foreign policy goals
- Ensures that the program provides robust and meaningful training opportunities in line with the participants educational and professional experience
- Coordinates program team in developing and implementing arrival orientations; program agenda; final debriefing sessions
- Synthesizes program policies and expectations and effectively communicates them to all stakeholders
- Monitors deadlines and demonstrates regular follow-up
- Solicits regular feedback from internal and external stakeholders pertaining to the program
- Stays abreast of expected growth/decline in program numbers, as well as oversees project budgets
- Client Relationship Management -
- Maintains regular communication with the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Embassies, international participants, and Cultural Vistas local and national partners to ensure meaningful opportunities and a seamless process
- Educates clients and participants on the purpose of the program, project objectives, budgets and evaluation requirements
- Collaborates with Alumni Officer to fulfill Cultural Vistas plans for alumni engagement
- Ensures project management processes and clear messaging with internal and external customers
- Proactively engages clients and participants, including regular check-ins via phone, email, and in-person
- Ensures high quality and consistent customer service to all parties
- Professional Development -
- Develops and maintains an advanced knowledge of funder objectives and Cultural Vistas policies in order to properly represents Cultural Vistas throughout the process and at events
- Develops and maintains industry knowledge by seeking out educational workshops, classes and related publications.
- Supports on-going communication and collaboration to all appropriate staff as it pertains to initiatives and new and existing business
- Takes a proactive approach to improve business functions and workflow within and between departments
- Works in accordance with the mission, goals, values and strategic direction of Cultural Vistas.
- Strong understanding of program management, project implementation and working within the constraints of a budget, preferably on Department of State or other related exchange programs
- Strong leadership qualities, proactive and collaborative with the ability to serve as an effective role-model
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, remain organized, and make decisions in a fast- paced, deadline sensitive environment
- Strong critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, and analytical thinking
- Ability to effectively handle ambiguity by creating focus and direction for oneself
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal oversight while providing guidance and support to others
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, with supervisors, colleagues, external stakeholders and people of all backgrounds
- Honest, direct and transparent communication regardless of the message
- Ability to seek and use input from peers when necessary before making decisions
- Commitment to professionalism and professional development
- Ability to comfortably and confidently represent Cultural Vistas (e.g. public speaking)
- High level of concern for providing exceptional customer service
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of Cultural Vistas.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
Computer Equipment and Software Experience Required:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite products.
Education and Experience Required:
- Education: Bachelors degree in International Relations, Business, Political Science, Public Policy, or other related degree required. Masters degree a plus.
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 4+ years of administrative experience in a cultural exchange, educational or international relations environment required. Two or more years of cultural exchange programming work a plus.
Physical Demands of Position:
- Domestic and international travel may be required. Work on weekends, holidays, and evenings will be required on occasion.
Please click here to apply.