HIAS seeks a Panama-based Venezuela Response Coordinator to support HIAS’ regional programmatic response to the Venezuela Situation and engage in advocacy, communications, and coordination with key stakeholders responding to the situation, including UN agencies, INGOs, local organizations, and government agencies. The Coordinator, who will report to the Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean, will support HIAS’ operations in Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, and as needed in Aruba, Costa Rica, and Panama. Working closely with other International Programs staff, including program officers and technical directors, s/he supports the implementation, monitoring and reporting on HIAS’ programs vis-à-vis the response to Venezuelan displacement. The successful candidate has a demonstrated ability to build capacity and support effective coordination between countries programs and between country programs and headquarters. S/he has a strong commitment to refugee protection and relevant experience implementing, monitoring and overseeing humanitarian programs, including cash-based assistance programs. This role also focuses on engaging in relevant advocacy and coordination efforts with a wide range of local, national and regional stakeholders. This role reports to the Regional Director, Latin America and Caribbean and works closely with HQ stakeholders across multiple departments.
- Supports the development and coordination of the programs in South American countries where HIAS is present and responding to the Venezuela Situation, in alignment with HIAS’ Refugee Rights Framework.
- In coordination with HIAS’ technical specialists, oversees the design and successful implementation of all programs offered by HIAS in her / his area of responsibility.
- Works closely with HQ to develop country and regional program objectives.
- Coordinates the timely submission of high-quality proposals and reports.
- Ensures that all countries have the necessary tools, resources, and information to deliver and evaluate services that meet or exceed internationally accepted standards and protocols.
- Contributes to and coordinates regular monitoring of progress of projects and activities towards the achievement of key objectives and deliverables, through regular communication with key country office staff.
- Conducts and coordinates monitoring visits and evaluates overall performance of the country office operations.
- Supports the design and implementation of complementary programming across the region, ensuring regional coherence.
Advocacy and Representation
- Liaises with HIAS Advocacy, Communication, Community Engagement and Development teams as needed; drafts and edits materials for outreach and representation purposes.
- Attends coordination meetings with a wide variety of stakeholders, speaking on behalf of HIAS
- Develops and coordinates the development of internal and external reports.
- Contributes to and coordinates the compilation of information for progress reports, lessons learned and innovations.
- Engages in capacity building and training for HIAS staff and other stakeholders.
- Responds to requests for information and guidance from overseas offices and HIAS HQ departments.
- Supports the design and implementation of a regional advocacy strategy, appropriately modified to each country context.
- Models HIAS’ values through collaboration, strategic decision-making, evidence-based programming, and efficient management of resources.
- Supports the coordination to ensure accountability through effective monitoring and impact assessment; complies with HIAS and donor policies, procedures and requirements.
- Contributes to the development of systems to better measure and demonstrate the impact of HIAS’ work.
- Graduate degree in relevant field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the NGO sector, specifically in humanitarian response settings; experience in age, gender and diversity mainstreaming, community-based and human rights approaches, and work with vulnerable populations.
- Oral and written fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Experience in cash based interventions, community-based protection or economic inclusion modalities a plus.
- Experience developing and implementing project objectives, indicators and budgets.
- Knowledge of results-based management and experience overseeing procurement and audit procedures a plus.
- Excellent written communication and oral presentation skills, including experience presenting to a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and facilitating multiparty discussions and collaboration.
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- A flexible, creative and collaborative working style.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to travel throughout Latin America and the Caribbean and internationally as required (up to 30%), at times to insecure or difficult working environments.
- Commitment to HIAS’ mission and values, and refugee protection.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org