The Specialist, Online Giving reporting to the Principal, Philanthropy & Strategic Engagement, is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive, digital fundraising and stewardship strategy across multiple platforms that engages new and existing email subscribers, converts prospects, and retains donors to increase channel revenue.
Responsible for the online presence, strategic direction, and implementation of online communications, specialized digital and email marketing initiatives, and the online gift process management. Will implement programming for specialized digital campaigns, recurring donations, retention strategies, and other digital fundraising initiatives as they align with overall institutional goals. Responsible for analyzing digital fundraising trends, as well as identifying opportunities to engage donors in effective and innovative direct fundraising strategies. May manage external digital consultant(s)/vendors.
In this role the right candidate will:
- Work independently and with a team to identify, explore and implement creative digital strategies; make data-driven recommendations for content and digital media tools as to increase action-rates for fundraising, web traffic, and subscribers;
- Implement the above data-driven digital media strategy across Grameen Foundation’s digital/online platforms;
- Work to expand and maintain an active and engaged email list: draft and code emails, manage targeted distribution groups, create online forms, landing pages and graphics, report on metrics, and when appropriate, execute paid acquisition campaigns;
- Optimize web-based fundraising efforts through ownership and effective roll-out of online donation mechanisms, strategizing and implementing social media conversion efforts, selecting and optimizing third party platforms when appropriate, and facilitating online donor retention and stewardship efforts;
- Manage Grameen Foundation’s public social media platforms, including drafting, scheduling, and distributing posts in support of GF’s fundraising, marketing, and partner communication efforts; crafting social media toolkits; soliciting content when needed, and analyzing and recommending effective use of social platforms and new methods of online communications;
- Work closely with team to implement digital marketing strategy; this may include drip campaigns, SEO/SEM (including Google AdWords), and other strategies, as well as using program using tools like Google Analytics;
- Create monthly metrics reports by monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on web, social media, and email KPIs;
- Assist in implementing key partner communications objectives;
- Coordinate with multiple team members to maintain Grameen Foundation’s editorial calendar;
- Keep up-to-date on online communications and web industry standards and trends;
- Attend and cover live events as applicable;
- Manage vendor relationships as needed for digital media and marketing strategy (ex: Pardot);
- Fulfill other duties as assigned, such as assisting with peer editing & review.
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
- Ability to gain working knowledge of GFUSA's policies, procedures, and practices;
- Ability to act as a representative of GFUSA to the public;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress; to pay attention to detail; adherence to deadlines;
- Self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys working proactively and thinking creatively.
- Strong skills working in teams and across many types of organizations — team-oriented; problem solver; relationship-builder; and strong inter-personal skills;
- Detail-oriented personality committed to providing high-quality work;
- Sense of humor, creative energy and a great team player;
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends;
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
EDUCATION BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in communications and digital media, preferably in an NGO setting;
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Communications, Public Relations, or related field preferred;
- Experience maintaining and managing organizational social networking accounts in coordination with campaign online communications and strategy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc.);
- Proficiency with email marketing platforms (e.g., Pardot, Salesforce Marketing, or similar tools), CRM (Salesforce preferred), and CMS platforms (WordPress);
- Experience writing editorial content for a brand, organization, or thought leader;
- Experience producing and editing video content preferred;
- Basic proficiency in HTML, CSS, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org