Responsible for the strategic evaluation, oversight and direction of the Komen National Capital Region and field office mission programming, including grant making, community outreach, and education or training programs. Leads the development of the community profile and execution of the Mission Action Plans. Builds strong relationships with community organizations, volunteers, colleagues, public policy makers, other funders and the health care community. Develops and participates in coalition and collaborative partnerships focused on breast cancer care in community. Supports fundraising and marketing efforts.
• Support Komen’s initiatives around the globe including but not limited to, program/project design, development, implementation and management, community outreach, grantmaking, and expert engagement strategies,
• Work closely with the Senior Director to develop long-term strategies for building Komen’s capacity, reach and reputation as a leader in breast cancer around the globe,
• Manage interactions with global and domestic partners,
• Develop, monitor and manage project budgets, liaising with Accounting and other departments as needed,
• Work collaboratively with other teams, including Development, Evaluations & Outcomes, Marketing, IT and others to deliver on specific needs, and with external partners to advance Komen’s mission globally.
Plans and executes of assigned Global programs
- Supports Komen’s initiatives around the globe including but not limited to, program/project design, development, implementation and management, community outreach, grantmaking, and expert engagement strategies.
- Works closely with the Senior Director to develop long-term strategies for building Komen’s capacity, reach and reputation as a leader in breast cancer around the globe.
- Contributes to the overall strategic direction for non-grant related global partnerships/collaborations and program design.
- Responsible for organizing non-grant operations including launch events, roundtable work and initiatives.
- As assigned, establishes a scope of work and monitors progress of contractors on activities such as Health System Assessments and development of educational materials.
- Understands and effectively communicates the organization’s mission, vision, core values and strategic direction to internal and external groups, including key stakeholders and intermediaries.
- Works with in-country partners and stakeholders to identify promising practices for documentation, communication and replication as appropriate. Develops proposals and other related materials to communicate global programs strategic plan and support fundraising activities.
- Serves as a lead contact for community stakeholders
Coordinates and executes grantmaking strategy in the assigned regions.
- Leads the community program development and grantmaking process including strategic planning activities, communications with potential partners and/or grant applicants, development of an RFA or RFP and materials for review, management of advisory or peer review committees.
- Supervises the work of the Program Administrator/Fellow in administering a portfolio of assigned restricted programs and grants, offering input and guidance in complex situations, collaborating in training of potential applicants on program priorities and expectations and supporting partners and grantees in project plan development.
- Responsible for complete reporting and achievement of program objectives, ensuring programs and grants are consistent with strategic plans for the region, providing guidance to partners and grantees during program implementation, monitoring program budgets and connecting partner and grantee needs with existing Komen resources.
- Serves as the lead reviewer for progress reports from grant recipients and provides first level approval for closeout of completed grants.
- Develops comprehensive program reports for donors on program achievements and justification of expenses. Works closely with internal team and partners/grantees to collect necessary data.
- Assists with the creation of reports, talking points, and presentations, marketing tools as necessary to communicate successes, progress and need in the region.
- Participates in cross-departmental activities, serving as a source of expertise for the regions of work, and collaborating in special projects as needed (i.e. toolkit development, database of contacts, global impact chart).
- Provides linguistic support as needed in all areas of the organization.
- Represents and promotes Komen in a professional manner to all key stakeholders in the community, including through meetings with Government officials, and private sector. for media, conferences and global meetings, Ministry of Health meetings and other partner meetings.
- Reviews industry reports and materials to identify innovation in the field and apply to programmatic efforts.
- Documents stories of impact to communicate successes of programmatic efforts internally and externally.
Minimum Experience Required
The ideal candidate will have:
Specialized Knowledge Requirements
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org