GEODE – the European association representing local energy companies, with a particular focus on electricity and gas distribution, is recruiting an Energy Policy Intern to work in the association’s Brussels office, starting at the end of August 2019.
The selected candidate will be employed in the form of a remunerated internship under the Belgian “Convention d’immersion professionnelle”.
The selected candidate will be part of a small but dynamic international team in the heart of the EU area and will be integrated into the daily activities of our office. This job offers a great opportunity to step into EU affairs and get valuable professional experience. You will be given the opportunity to learn how to best shape EU energy policy, while building and expanding professional networks and taking advantage of language, soft & personal skills in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Supporting the Secretariat in its activities related to such topics as the Clean Energy Package implementation, smart grids, storage, metering, data management, integration of renewables, flexibility, network operation, e-mobility and sector integration;
- Assisting in the drafting of GEODE publications and key messages, in particular on the above-mentioned topics;
- Assisting with research and providing input to public consultations and further GEODE work related to the European decision-making process;
- Occasionally representing GEODE in certain platforms and meetings;
- Supporting the organisation and preparation of events and meetings.
- Degree and/or background in European affairs and sound understanding of the EU policy-making process;
- Previous experience in a European association or EU institutions is an asset;
- Proven knowledge and interest for the EU energy policy;
- Language skills:
- Excellent English, both spoken and written (native speaker level);
- Good command of German will be considered a great advantage.
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong organisational skills, flexibility, responsibility;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org