General Dynamics Information Technology is the premier provider of high-tech IT solutions to the government IT market. General Dynamics Information Technology, we deliver cost-effective, next-generation IT solutions and services to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community and federal civilian agencies as they modernize their information systems.
GDIT is seeking a highly motivated Strategic Communications Specialist with 5+ years of relevant strategic communications expertise and experience supporting Federal government executive and senior leaders. The candidate will provide executive communications support to executive and senior clients in designing, developing, and executing strategic communications, town hall discussions, operational briefings and governance meetings. The candidate will work directly with minimal direction from client executives and senior leadership and must obtain, confirm, and understand requirements, and translate those requirements into quality, client-ready deliverables. Candidate must have prior experience in excelling in fast-spaced, ambiguous client environments. Communications support will cover multiple functional areas, including intelligence, international affairs, planning, requirements development, incident coordination, and scientific services.
- Experience supporting Federal executives and senior leaders.
- Working knowledge of developing communications content for implementing organizational design and effectiveness and other strategic mission objectives.
- Assist in the development and articulation of clear vision, mission, goals/objectives and plans for their attainment.
- Develop written materials to include forms, procedures, brochures, pamphlets, white papers, memorandums for the purpose of documenting standard operating procedures, policies, and/or conveying information.
- Demonstrated expertise in graphic design, executive presentations and briefings, operational briefings and governance meetings.
- Provide executive communications support to client leadership to include Executive, Deputy, and Chief of Staff Officials.
- Develop and maintain strategic communications and planning documents.
- Monitor and track program compliance and responsiveness to OMB, DHS, GAO, and Office of Inspector General guidance, findings, and reports and other federal policies and regulations.
- Provide integrated program expertise to control, disseminate, and report on projects, including compiling, analyzing, and reporting on status for all projects.
- Plan, research, write and edit internal and external publications to keep federal officials acquainted with client’s current programs.
- Leverage multiple communication approaches, including mass mailings, which may involve using SharePoint, fact sheets, newsletters, posters, reports, press releases, surveys, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Analyze and evaluate the information flow issues encountered in communicating the client’s programs.
- Recommend specific approaches tailored to the nature of the information and the targeted audience.
- Develop white papers, frameworks, or other technical briefs.
- Communicate status of program/project to internal and external stakeholders via written reports and meetings.
- Perform mid-level advisory consulting work as an authority in the management consulting area
- Ensure compliance with contract and corporate requirements including quality measures and quality assurance standards.
Client Background Investigation Clearance: DHS Customs and Border Protection Background Investigation (BI) determination or ability to obtain a BI.
- Years of Experience: 5+ years in communications, media, marketing, or relevant disciplines.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Communications, Media Management or related). Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience media economics, media environment, media law and policy, organizational behavior, marketing communications, research methods, and strategic management.
- Demonstrated ability to work in both a team environment and an independent setting
- Ability to act as “Thinking Partner” to clients to help them formulate their points of view and paths forward.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and positively motivate team members at all levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs including Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org