Under direct supervision of the Head of Programme Development Department the Advocacy Advisor is in charge of designing, coordinating and monitoring child rights advocacy and related partnership activities in Uzbekistan and is part of the network responsible of the same at regional level.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
· Plan, implement and monitor national advocacy projects and lead and coordinate child rights advocacy and related partnership activities;
· Ensure the development of the National Association's advocacy work (Define the advocacy priorities of the National Association, , propose strategic goals, targets and actions for the field of advocacy in MA plan, do assessment – gap analysis, monitoring and evaluation) at national and facility levels;
· Represents the Association when appropriate at main national/international conferences, working groups and platforms of relevance.
· Identify capacity building needs of the MA staff in child rights, advocacy, etc. and set-up/facilitate national training processes accordingly. In particular, build internal capacity for advocacy around "children without parental care or at risk of losing this care".
· Ensure a good flow of information on child rights/child protection issues in the country and related policy within the child welfare system.
· Provide feedback in the process of elaboration of SOS CVI documents (policies, guidelines) and adjust them to the specific of the country.
· Be familiar with, accept the philosophy, principles, and policies, and structure of the MA and of SOS CVI. Understand and value the SOS Children's Villages child-care model/ approach and other activities.
· Raise awareness of SOS brand on national Level
· Draft and alignment of a concept and plan of external communication measures based on a thorough analysis of the status quo of external communication, of the public perception of the organisation in the country, and in alignment with the management strategy and the 3-years fundraising strategy. Implementation, evaluation and if needed quick adaptation of the plan
· Closely cooperate with the National Director, the Head of Programme Development Department, Advocacy Advisor and the Family Strengthening Programme Advisor to pursue a consistent message about the organisation and its mission and activities
- Advanced studies in social sciences such a political sciences, development studies, international relations
- Minimum 2-3 years working experience in the social development, child or human rights NSO sector, UN, EU or other relevant experiences
- Previous experience in designing and carrying out advocacy work (advocacy planning, campaigning) preferably in the field of children’s rights
- Commitment and ability to anchor advocacy in the culture, structure and systems of a program- based organization
- Good knowledge of child welfare and protection issues
- Good contacts to press and media and relevant agencies
- Experience in supporting multi-channel campaigns with communications measures
- Information and knowledge managements skills
- Presentation skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Research and detect new opportunities/trends in the field (gap analysis)
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Communicating effectively
- Planning & organizing
- Managing change
- Promoting diversity
Please submit your application or resume with motivation letter. The applications without motivation letter will not be considered.
Only those who are short-listed for selection processes will be notified.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org