Payroll Analyst. Berlin. Posting Date: 09/10/2019. Deadline: 09/30/2019
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your payroll administration skills? We're seeking a Payroll Analyst based in Berlin to work closely with the Payroll Officer, Human Resources and the Accounting Team on all payroll related matters, such as payroll preparation, and processing, incl. payroll taxes.
The Open Society Foundations works to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world's largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The Global Finance and Grants Management team, comprised of 85 members, sits in our Berlin, London, New York and Vienna offices and supports OSF staff across the global network of foundations, in over 40 countries. The team is comprised of specialists spanning the global operations of the Foundations.
- https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/who-we-are/programs As a Payroll Analyst at Open Society you will:
What we are looking for:
- Maintain and provide data for monthly payroll processing to external service providers;
- Support the Development and Maintenance of processes for collecting and maintaining payroll related data and data flows;
- Prepare, review and reconcile monthly payroll;
- Assist in reconciliation of employer's payroll related tax account(s); in administration of employee movements and preparation on payroll statistics;
- Advise on payroll and related taxation issues;
- Support in introduction of new policy developments, represent Finance Department as assigned;
- Prepare ad-hoc payroll reports and analysis schedules as assigned.
Desirable (but not required):
- Minimum 3 years of experience in payroll field;
- Knowledge of payroll software;
- Medium level of written and verbal of English language;
- High degree of comfort with a variety of IT systems;
- Knowledge and understanding of German rules and regulations on payroll and related taxation;
What we offer:
- Manage work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, troubleshoot and follow through to completion, possess strong attention to detail, while meeting strict deadlines;
- Exercise good listening , written, verbal, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office and payroll specific software;
- Show discretion and ability to handle confidential issues;
- Provide excellent customer service with a pleasant disposition and diplomatic manner when interacting with colleagues and the general public.
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perksdesigned for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more .
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
See what a day in the life of a colleague working in a similar role at Open Society is like.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV; we look forward to learning more about you.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.