AAAS’s international team has an exciting opportunity for a Program Associate reporting to the Senior Director, International Affairs.
The Program Associate will focus on advancing the internationally-facing work of AAAS through communications, event and training support, award process management, and managing day-to-day administrative operations. In addition, this role will manage communications and collaborations with a growing network of international partners, particularly in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Are you ready to be a Force for Science?
What you’ll do
- Support events—including bilateral and multilateral meetings for AAAS leadership, workshops, and training administered by the AAAS Center of Science Diplomacy (CSD), and meetings, seminars, and ceremonies at the AAAS Annual Meeting.
- Maintain and expand communication networks with a variety of stakeholders including science and technology minister/counselors at Embassies based in Washington, DC; CSD training alumni network; CSD policy journal readers and contributors; and foreign collaborators.
- Manage AAAS awards for international scientific collaboration and science diplomacy.
- Support the development and implementation of science diplomacy training and workshops in Cuba, Europe, Asia, and Africa including leading logistics, marketing, application and evaluation processes, and communication with partners and participants.
- Support the AAAS Cuba Biomedical Fellows program—a collaboration with the Cuban Academy of Sciences.
- Maintain the CSD webpage and social media platforms, and compile and send the quarterly CSD newsletter; support the CSD editorial process as needed.
- Support the AAAS International Council, an internal decision-making and issue-spotting coordinative body, as needed.
At least two years of experience:
- In a communications role
- In international science and/or science diplomacy
- Managing projects, including basic financial operations, progress reports and program evaluation (international projects a plus)
- Working directly with foreign governments and/or multilateral forums and organizations
Technical fluency in Spanish to converse directly with Spanish-speaking partners in Latin America, the Caribbean, and Europe
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org