You will coordinate the Sahel Peace regional project which has a common set of activities across Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger and the coastal countries of Ghana and Ivory Coast in the areas of advocacy, communication, peacebuilding and humanitarian assistance in close partnership with the local Church. You will coordinate several teams from different divisions and the country programs as they carry out specific technical tasks to bring about the project's intended results, advancing Catholic Relief Services' (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the region raises funds for this initiative, delivers high-quality programming, communicates effectively about the issues and support the local Episcopal Conferences to advocate for changes in policies that will support the project's goals and objectives.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and implement all activities throughout relevant project cycles - project design, start-up, implementation and close-out - to ensure efficient and effective implementation in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Effectively manage a complex cross divisional team to work together effectively and motivate the team to deliver results on time with quality and achieve intended outcomes.
- Champion learning with project and partner teams. Analyze and evaluate past and current performance data following MEAL policy and share results to support communications, advocacy and fundraising efforts. Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Act as a key resource person in project design and proposal development for peacebuilding and humanitarian assistance programming areas, gap-filling and taking on growth responsibilities. This position will play a critical fundraising role including the identification of donor resources.
- Identify capacity gaps in the team and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Help identify, assess and strengthen partnerships relevant to advocacy and communication, applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to project needs. Through planning and oversight ensure efficient use of project resources, report on expenses and forecast needs.
- Master's Degree in International Development, International Relations or a related field required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating or managing light to moderately complex projects required, preferably with an international NGO.
- Knowledge of CRS project design and proposal development processes a plusRequired Language.
- Fluency in English in required, and knowledge of French is preferred.
- Travel - should be willing and able to travel 10-15% to west Africa and to Washington D.C.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills, ability to manage complex team dynamics and work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented with exceptional organizational skills to move forward multiple activities at the same time.Preferred Qualifications
- Project management experience in peacebuilding and or humanitarian assistance is highly desirable.
- Experience engaging with local church partner organizations, especially around advocacy issues.
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
- MEAL skills and experience preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation.
- Builds Relationships.
- Develops Talent.
- Strategic Mindset.
- Accountability & Stewardship.
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Country Representatives for Mali, Niger and Burkina Faso, WARO DRDPQ, West Africa Regional Information Officer, WARO Business Development Manager, Director of Communications, EVP for Mission and Mobilization, Senior Advocacy Advisors, VP for Humanitarian Response.
- External: USCCB, Episcopal Conferences and Caritas National offices in Mali, Burkina Faso and Niger.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org