This position is part of the Defense Security Cooperation Agency. DSCA's mission is to advance U.S. national security and foreign policy interests by building the capacity of foreign security forces to respond to shared challenges. DSCA leads the broader U.S. security cooperation enterprise in its efforts to train, educate, advise, and equip foreign partners. DSCA administers security cooperation programs that support U.S. policy interests and objectives.
As a BUDGET ANALYST at the GS-0560-12 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serves as a Budget Analyst to the Institute for Security Governance (ISO), with critical reporting requirements to the Director and Lead for Management and Operations.
- Provides financial, budget and administrative related expertise to the ISG, and provides financial policy advice and guidance to the ISG Director, and all members ofISG staff.
- Coordinates, analyzes and advises on requirements and reviews justification for budget request, directing and overseeing the formulation of input with input from the Director, Management and Operations Lead, ISG Program Leads.
- Interfaces with finance personnel at DSCA, the Naval Education and Training Security Assistance Field Activity (NETSAFA), Department of State (DoS), Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) and US embassies, among others for the purpose of coordinating arrangements for establishing budget requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply)
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Work Schedule: Fulltime
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Tour of Duty: Flexible
- Recruitment Incentives: May be authorized at the discretion of management
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
- Financial Disclosure: Not Required
- Telework Eligibility: This position is telework eligible
You may qualify at the GS-12, if you fulfill the following qualifications:
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service:
- Serving as a primary fiscal and budgetary liaison.
- Serving as the financial advisory in the areas of budget formulation, execution, oversight and accountability for the accounting system.
- Implementing budgetary and financial policies and procedures.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org