We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Deputy Chief of Party for the USAID Cambodia Green Future Activity. This is a five-year project which will focus on empowering Cambodia citizens and civil society with the knowledge and skills to use evidence-based communication systems to support biodiversity conservation, sustainable landscape management, and strengthen civil society capacity for collective action to protect biodiversity and forests.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
The DCOP will provide technical oversight and social behavior change inputs to the Activity as well as additional support as needed to the COP. S/he will plan and monitor the Activity from initiation through delivery in close consultation with the COP. The DCOP will also serve as a specialist, with strong preference for technical skills in communications and social behavior change and professional networks across multiple sectors in Cambodia.
Collaborates with the Chief of Party to provide leadership to the development and maintenance of a comprehensive need-based strategy for programming in Cambodia.
- Provides technical leadership on social behavior change communications related to biodiversity conservation and forest protection; strengthens the capacity of local organizations to advocate for biodiversity conservation, forest protection, and improved natural resource management.
- Expands Partnerships among local organization in different sectors (e.g. health, education, tourism) to protect biodiversity and forests.
- Collaborates with the Technical and Program staff to ensure that program implementation is managed closely through the development of structured work plans, indicator tracking sheets and approved monitoring plans.
- Provides support to the COP and management of the Activity from a technical standpoint and ensure that donor requests are met from a technical standpoint.
- Serves as FHI 360 focal point, ensuring technical inputs from country, regional and headquarters staff, as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in communications or related field; Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience designing, implementing and monitoring/evaluating social and behavior change programming in Cambodia; working with biodiversity conservation and forest protection is a plus.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in project management and leadership, including experience managing USAID projects and staff.
- Proven experience working with Cambodian government officials to support strategy development, implementation plans and decision making
- Demonstrated experience in managing international development programs, including demonstrated sensitivity to local cultural and political context, cooperation among other donors and development projects, and host country institutions.
- Proven expertise in evidence-based adaptive management, communications and/or marketing; biodiversity and/or wildlife protection; and sustainable landscapes management and/or forest protection.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, administrative, management, presentation, reporting, communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to perform at a high level and apply diplomacy skills with a wide range of stakeholders (i.e., national, provincial, district and local government officials, private sector, NGOs, CSOs, target audiences, and beneficiaries).
- Experience integrating gender equality and women’s empowerment issues within outreach, education, communications, behavior change, biodiversity, and forest protection activities.
- Experience in Asia, or other countries with similar cultural and political dynamics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluency in oral and written Khmer required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org