Assist Development department with gift administration, database, fundraising, general research, special events and administrative tasks.
- Manage financial donor gift and acknowledgement process, including bank deposits and acknowledgment letters. This includes providing oversight for the accurate processing all gift and pledge transactions annually, which includes ensuring all pledges and gifts of Delivering Good are processed and receipted accurately, adhering to all policies and standards, and on a timely basis. Follow Donor Acknowledgment Process which will be provided to you.
- Responsible for pledge collections.
- Prepare and execute end of year direct mail appeals and email campaigns.
- Maintain campaign reporting, including board giving, disaster campaigns and other special campaigns.
- Assist the Development Director in day to day development operations.
- Update prospect and current Delivering Good financial donors information and activity in databases, currently eTapestry and Salesforce.
- Administrative support for Moves Management in Salesforce.
- Correspondence with current donors and prospects.
- Event support: maintain gift reports and guest lists for major fundraising events and assist with follow ups; assist with day-of event execution, including guest check-in and additional event support as needed.
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities for Development Department.
- Maintain Development Calendar.
- Maintain profiles on giving platforms (Donor Advised Funds, Global Giving, etc)
- Run financial queries as needed.
- Report and reconcile donations with finance department.
- Responsible for scheduling development committee meetings, travel and additional items.
- Other duties to be assigned as needed.
Opportunities for Growth
- Oversee Associate Council.
- Organize and execute employee giving programs for corporate partners.
Delivering Good, Inc. is the charity of choice for new product donations made by hundreds of companies in the fashion, home and children’s industries. Donating new merchandise provides these companies with a simple and effective way to help people in need. Founded over 30 years ago, Delivering Good is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that unites retailers, manufacturers, foundations and individuals to support people affected by poverty and tragedy nationally and abroad. Since 1985, over $2 billion of apparel, accessories, shoes, home furnishings, toys, books and other useful items have been distributed through our network of community partners.
Delivering Good was created from the 2014 merger of Kids in Distressed Situations and Fashion Delivers. In May 2017, the organization rebranded as “Delivering Good” to reflect focused, ongoing support for children and families facing poverty and disaster. The organization is governed by an actively engaged 38-person board of directors who are industry leaders in the apparel, juvenile products, fashion, shoe, home and related enterprises respectively. To date, two successful annual events generate a large percentage of the organization’s annual income.
- Experience in gift and pledge administration and processing.
- Experience with non-profit database maintenance and management, including Salesforce, highly desirable.
- Passion for community service and social welfare.
- 1-3 years experience in non-profit administrative support.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft office programs.
- Knowledge of and experience with donor stewardship.
To apply, please submit your resume, together with a cover letter describing your interest in the position with the subject line Development Associate.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org