Save the Children is seeking a Chief of Party (CoP) for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Mali. The program will seek to sustainably improve food and nutrition security and resilience among poor and chronically vulnerable households and communities in the selected regions. Hiring is contingent upon successful award of the project and USAID approval of the candidate.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
The proposed program will be an integrated, multi-sectoral food and nutrition security intervention. The CoP is responsible for the overall management and representation of the activity, and is ultimately accountable for the delivery of desired program results, an effective adaptive management approach, relationships with a range of stakeholders, and management of the program team and consortium.
- Lead overall program planning, putting in place team structures, technical and operational approaches, infrastructure, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and feedback loops required for program delivery and success.
- Lead partnerships within the program consortium, as well as with external stakeholders as needed, to create the team work required for program success.
- Coordinate the Refine period’s (year 1) formative research studies, ensuring that these remain on track and that findings are synthesized to inform revisions to the program’s design (including its theory of change), scope, targeting methodology and approach.
- Represent the program to donor officials, host government officials, partner representatives, local stakeholders, and team members.
- Review, approve and contribute to major program strategies such as the M&E Plan, the Learning Plan, the collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) approach, the Gender Strategy, and technical or thematic strategies. Provide oversight and quality control to the program’s thematic approaches and implementation, leading course corrections as required.
- Lead annual planning processes and associated donor resource requests; monitoring implementation progress as compared to these plans.
- Ensure the quality of all program deliverables, inclusive of activities, outputs, documentation and reporting.
- Ensure sound program financial management and reporting.
- Ensure sound program logistical and operational structures and management.
- Ensure compliance with donor, host government and Save the Children policies and procedures.
- Recruit, develop and manage the program team, ensuring that adequate and appropriate capacity building plans are in place and that Human Resources policies are appropriate for team retention and high performance.
- Demonstrate a commitment to gender and youth integration in both the programmatic and operational aspects of the activity.
- Ensure that the program deploys an effective collaborating, learning and adapting approach, such that the activity is able to evolve in a changing context to achieve desired outcomes.
- Oversee the program’s security management approach, working with country office counterparts.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (development studies, international relations, agriculture, economics, nutrition, public health, business administration, etc.) combined with at least 10 years of progressively responsible experience leading and implementing international development programs.
- Specific technical expertise in food and nutrition security and resilience programming.
- Demonstrated ability managing a program of a similar size and scope, preferably in West Africa.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills in French and English.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org