The NBCUniversal Global Response and Intelligence Center (GRIC), located at NBCUniversal headquarters at 30 Rockefeller Center, New York, NY, is a 24x7 incident response center, managing and coordinating crisis response on behalf of NBCUniversal assets worldwide. The Intelligence Analyst will be part of NBCUniversal’s Global Security Operations team, reporting directly to the GRIC Director and working closely with the 24X7 GRIC security operations officers. The GRIC is comprised of a GRIC Director, Regional Intelligence Analysts, and 24x7 security operations officers monitoring worldwide incidents. Reviewing information from open/public sources, official sources, and professional contacts, the Intelligence Analyst anticipates, assesses and communicates threats against NBCUniversal executives, staff, talent, events, businesses, reputation, and/or facilities with timely, accurate, and relevant assessments of international security issues. He/she will produce a range of written analyses and deliver briefings for employees, correspondents, production staff, and management of NBCUniversal, supporting the company’s security and crisis management operations worldwide.
- Conduct comprehensive all-source collection, analysis and production of tactical risk assessments of foreign threats against NBCUniversal assets worldwide.
- Assess potential threats to local/regional offices, events and assets and communicate the information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Remain current on regional intelligence topics in the EUR Region, including but not limited to terrorist threats, political instability, and regional emerging threats.
- Develop sophisticated strategic security assessments for NBCUniversal executives, staff, talent, and businesses.
- Develop actionable proactive intelligence to mitigate threats and support corporate decision-making during a crisis.
- Assist in analyzing the impact of events or threats to NBCUniversal assets through collaboration with other business units, such as News, Productions and Sports.
- Build, maintain and leverage relationships with key external agencies, local/federal law enforcement, intelligence/military agencies and other public and private entities.
- Build relationships with other corporate and government intelligence teams to share intelligence methodologies and analysis to better support the wide variety of our company’s business groups.
- Bachelor’s degree required; field of study such as political science, international relations, history, national security studies, journalism preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of analytic experience with an intelligence agency, law enforcement organization, the military, the private sector, or non-governmental organization/think tank. Experience in a national security profession with either technical background in or experience in international relations, foreign policy, or intelligence discipline.
- Regional expertise in international affairs in the EUR area. Foreign area knowledge and understanding of international affairs gained through study, travel, or work abroad.
- Natural curiosity about world events; knowledgeable on world and local events in EUR region
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Russian, French, German, or other European language desirable
- Advanced open source research skills; knowledge of social media resources for proactive intelligence collection
- Demonstrated research and critical thinking skills to identify, collect, synthesize, and evaluate large amounts of data and draw logical and actionable conclusions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and sometimes extended schedule during crisis periods, to include weekends and holidays
- Ability to operate under stress and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under ambiguous circumstances
- Self-motivated, strong organizational and multitasking skills, detail-oriented
- Equally comfortable working independently or collaboratively on a project, often under compressed timelines
- Highly responsive and proactive, able to own tasks from start to finish
- Experience in briefing senior management on sensitive threat related matters
- Strong professional ethics and ability to maintain absolute discretion, confidentiality, and trust
- Experience in an analytic fusion cell/command center environment preferred
- Advanced degree highly preferred
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org