Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 35 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those effected by poverty, conflicts or natural disasters.
Our Birmingham, UK office is currently recruiting for the position of ‘Global Advocacy Advisor (Gender)’ to join the External Relations and Advocacy Division. The External Relations and Advocacy Division manages the communications functions of Islamic Relief Worldwide, including our global advocacy work which has included influencing activities on a range of humanitarian and development issues, and the co-ordination of the various advocacy activities of the IR family members around the world.
Play a key role with the research, creation, planning, implementation, co-ordination and review of a portfolio of Islamic Relief’s global advocacy campaigns, particularly on gender, but also on other campaigns as agreed with the Head of Global Advocacy.
The successful candidate must have or be:
• Demonstrable experience in campaigning and an understanding of how to use research, lobbying, public campaigning, media, communications and alliance-building to influence a political agenda
• Ability to engage with public bodies and the media at an international level
• Experience of messaging, public positioning and understanding of political, media and NGO coordination mechanisms
• Ability to engage and conducting research with field-level beneficiary communities
• Exposure of learning systems and communicating complex concepts
• Experience and understanding of implementing and managing core aspects of development and aid administration is non-essential but desirable
• Experience of developing advocacy campaigns successfully within an INGO is desirable
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who are sympathetic to the IR values of; Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. If you would like to be a part of an organisation striving to make a difference in the world and are looking for a meaningful career, we will be glad to hear from you.
Please Note: Interviews are expected to take place on 7th February 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
For UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org