The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is seeking an experienced political, campaign, or legislative professional to assist in our efforts educating and informing congressional, senatorial, and presidential candidates and campaign staff on the importance of elevating global development and diplomacy, alongside defense, to advance America’s interests and values around the world.
The right candidate will have excellent writing, editing, research, and communication skills, having experience working in a congressional office or political campaign providing tracking and timely policy and political updates to executive-level audiences. This position on the National Engagement team will work across departments to produce both internal and external content while ensuring accuracy of political and policy material. A successful candidate for this positioned is well-versed in political campaigns and superior quality and succinct writing with experience in producing content in political or policy settings for public consumption. The National Outreach Assistant will report to the National Engagement Director and reside in Washington, D.C.
- Assist Candidate Outreach initiatives by researching, monitoring, and tracking the status of congressional, senatorial, and presidential campaigns, and scheduling engagement opportunities and briefings for USGLC’s staff and coalition members.
- Regularly track and monitor status of targeted candidates and races and statements and policy positions from campaign formal policy plans, event appearances, and televised debates.
- Expert writing and editing of candidate policy positions, targeted race analyses, and memoranda detailing candidate backgrounders for executive-level and public audiences.
- Conduct Research on networks of influencers and prominent advisors of the current Administration and federal candidates.
- Assist and support Field Team in the implementation and follow-up of all educational and advocacy efforts in specified states, including small and large-scale events and programs and on-going membership communications.
- Support special projects across organization and departments as needed.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, international relations or another related field.
- At least one cycle of experience in a congressional office or political campaign; with presidential, senatorial, and/or congressional campaign experience, or campaign committees highly desirable.
- Demonstrably superior writing skills with extensive experience in personally crafting written products such as op-eds, constituent letters, executive memoranda, legislative briefs, or political analyses for public audiences.
- Knowledge of international relations and interest in foreign policy desirable.
- Interest and passion in political campaigns and elections.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and flexible team environment with superior attention to detail.
- Willingness to schedule and support meetings with prominent state and political leaders.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Google Documents, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org