The (junior) policy and project officer will be responsible to support the ECRN Secretariat in building collaboration between members in several priority areas related to industrial policy, bioeconomy, plastics and recycling and decarbonization, as well as in its advocacy work.
In this role he/she will:
- Monitor, analyze and report on EU policy developments in the above mentioned areas;
- Report on cooperation opportunities to the ECRN members; promote relationships and cooperation amongst the members;
- Support the work of the ECRN Working Groups and the organization of internal meetings
- Contribute to the organization of knowledge exchange events such as workshops and conferences;
- Collect inputs and support the preparation of statements/joint opinions and position papers in the fields mentioned above;
- Contribute to the ECRN project activities;
- Contribute to the preparation of communication materials;
- Provide technical and administrative support to Secretariat and to the permanent bodies of the association;
- Attend regularly events in Brussels.
- University degree in politics, EU studies, economics, law, or related relevant fields;
- 1-1,5 years of relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of EU policies and strategies related to regional development, industry, research and innovation and environment;
- Knowledge of the EU programmes and funding schemes, especially those related to European Territorial Cooperation and Research and Innovation;
- Interest and ability to work on a variety of topics linked to industrial and regional policy, bioeconomy and circular economy;
- Excellent research and analytical skills, able to collect, analyze and present information in a clear and concise way;
- Team-player, pro-active attitude, with sense of initiative and self-motivation;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts, organizations and institutions;
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken);
- Proved organizational skills;
- Very good computer skills.
- Working level of French;
- Work experience with local/regional governments or public sector partners;
- Experience with EU funded projects;
- Experience with MailChimp and WordPress.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org