WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
JOB TITLE: Digital Transformation Expert
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Short term P2
UNIT/DIVISION: RMFS (Financial systems and process support branch)
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Rome
DURATION: 11 Months
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
Finance is one of the core functions in WFP with a strong network of over 800 employees globally, operating in 90 country offices.
The new Finance Strategy 2019-2024 recognizes the role of technology as key enabler for a successful finance function and a critical driver for its aspired digital transformation.
The purpose of this assignment is to strengthen the Financial System and Process Support Team (RMFS) providing business process review and project management capacity to scale up strategical finance digital transformation initiatives building on our strong corporate ERP SAP and on new technology such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA), chatbots and others.
Coordinate and support the ongoing implementation of digital transformation initiatives for Finance with focus on Robotic Process Automation (RPA) pilots and the digitization of manual forms.
- Support preparation of detailed business requirement documents in close cooperation with business process experts
- Support the development of RPAs and the digitalization of forms in close cooperation with the IT division and external service providers
- Support the testing of RPAs and forms developed
- Coordinate the go-live and change management with business focal points
Identify and promote future digitalization opportunities
- Collect ideas for process automation and digitization in financial operations worldwide
- Detailed review of involved business processes and determination of the level of existing and possible future standardization of these processes
- Evaluate the use of RPAs and alternative digitalization technology for process automation (e.g. core ERP/SAP enhancements, Employee Self Service, automation of manual forms, others)
- Perform the role of Project Manager, when required, taking overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring and roll-out.
Support the Chief RMFS acting as Deputy Chair and secretariat of the RMF Digital Transformation Task Team
- Prepare regular updates on ongoing initiatives
- Present new digitalization opportunities and seek feedback from the management team on feasibility and impact to refine the ideas and prioritize efforts and resources
- Prepare the notes of the meetings
Provide ad-hoc support as required
- Provide back-up support to the RM WINGS Helpdesk team during holiday periods
- Provide other ad-hoc support as required
- Advanced University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or other relevant fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- At least 3 years of Experience in Financial Planning and Budgeting, Financial Accounting and related business processes;
- At least 3 years of experience with the implementation of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and other forms of digitalization technology to streamline and automate financial business processes, e.g. chatbots, artificial intelligence;
- Experience in the implementation and support of SAP/ECC projects, with focus on Financials (FI) and Budget Control System (BCS) / Fund Management (FM) and integration of other core modules (MM, TRM, HR) with finance;
- Experience in project management and business process reengineering;
- Excellent overall technical and analytical skills, critical reasoning and strong problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication and partnership skills;
- Worked with multicultural teams and multinational environment;
- Accountability, moral Integrity and high standard of professional Ethic.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package that will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.