Under the overall guidance of the Deputy Country Representative, and directly reporting to the Programme Coordinator; the Programme Associate will be working closely with the Operations Manager, and is responsible for coordinating ACO programme activities and will ensure to administratively and to support the Programme Coordinator in oversee the coordination of the projects and programmes in the regions. She/he will be responsible for coordinating relationships with national partners and stakeholders at local level, and the monitoring, reporting and managing of the finances and personnel of the field office.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support the coordination of Programmes with the relevant thematic areas for the region
- Assist in the coordination of overall Programme work plan development and implementation according to Strategic Note/ programme document at the field office
- Assist in gathering inputs and coordinate the preparation of work-plans, periodic narrative progress reports and expenditures status reports to the Programme teams and UN Women management;
- Record and maintain documents on relevant Programme activities, issues, and risks.
Guide coordination with provincial partners and other stakeholders
- Assist in coordination of relationships with provincial partners to support implementation and expansion of the UN women Programmes/Portfolio at local level, raise potential problems and suggest solutions;
- Assist in identifying capacity building needs and support partners through technical assistance, mentoring, training and capacity development initiatives, as needed.
Coordinate the monitoring and reporting on the Programmes implementation at the Provincial level
- Gather and compile all information necessary for monitoring and reporting on programmes and projects at the provincial level, to inform overall planning to the evaluation stages;
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of activities and the expenditure of funds; conduct regular monitoring visits within the province, and region, as required;
- Provide inputs to thematic areas on programme activities and results with the province and region and submission Country Office, in Kabul.
Manage people and finances of the thematic area programme
- Assist in coordination of development and preparation of financial resources of the programme including budgeting and budget revisions, and expenditure tracking and reporting;
- Monitor the allocation and disbursement of funds to participating partners;
- Supervise Field office driver and other support staff if any.
- Ensure the follow up of the administrative issues related to the field office according to the MOU agreed with the hosting UN agency.
Advocate and facilitate knowledge building and management and communication
- Document the programme implementation process and products;
- Contribute to the exchange of information and provide inputs to the development of knowledge products internally and externally of the programme;
- Coordinate the organization of major advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products at local level.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Good programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Good budget and finance skills;
- Good knowledge of Results Based Management;
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings and recommendations;
- Good analytical skills;
- Knowledge of UN programme management systems.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Gender studies, Human Rights, political/social science or other related field with at least 4 years of progressively relevant professional experience;
- A secondary school certificate with minimum 6 years of relevant experience will be considered.
Skills and Experience:
- A least 4-6 years of experience in program conceptualization, implementation, monitoring and reporting;
- Experience in development and implementation of advocacy campaigns around WPS, gender issues, women’s empowerment, human rights preferably with government and civil society;
- Experience in office management with finance and administration skills.
- A proven ability to effectively work with government, civil society, NGOs, and international organizations;
- Understanding of the social, cultural, and political context of Afghanistan and its impact on women and girls;
- Proficiency in the use of computer, office software packages and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Excellent professional communication skills, written and oral in English, and in Pashto/Dari.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org