As a member of the Development Team, the Fundraiser (Development Officer) will be responsible for managing a portfolio of government and foundation donor relations as well as monitoring and implementing obligations under grant agreements, identifying prospective donors, writing proposals and reports, and contributing to the organization of events with a view to maintain and increase Crisis Groups donor base internationally.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Director, Government & Foundation Relations support the stewardship of a portfolio of government and foundation donors while assisting in the identification,qualification and solicitation of new donors to meet fundraising goals.
- Under the supervision of the Director, Government & Foundation Relations write letters of inquiry, proposals, logframes, budgets, and prepare specific project-based reports, and other related materials needed to deepen prospect and donor engagement, secure grants, and steward relationships.
- Work with ICG’s finance and program staff to ensure an accurate, timely, efficient and transparent process for the entire grant life cycle, including tracking payments and financial statements, reviewing or producing relevant reports and maintaining appropriate communication with donors concerning grant administration.
- Review grant agreements, including initial review, feedback to donors and amendments;
- Conduct research on prospective government and foundation donors, proactively formulate rationale for funding, and work with the Director of Government & Foundation Relations to develop a strategy for cultivation and solicitation;
- Support the Government & Foundation Relations Team’s efforts in engaging supporters in Crisis Group’s activities around the world through events as well as field/senior staff visits throughout the year;
- Assist in the coordination and creation of detailed briefing documents and, when relevant, attend advocacy visits with Crisis Group staff with donors.
- Provide on-going assistance for grant administration and organizational policies, including data management and monitoring as needed.
- Five years of fundraising experience in an NGO environment, primarily working with institutional donors;
- Ability to produce high quality written content for proposals, calls for bids and other submissions and maintain accurate and current records is essential;
- Attention to detail, ability to work independently with tight deadlines;
- Well organised, communicative and interpersonal working attitude, keen to take initiative and collaborate in a team environment;
- Excellent, demonstrated English language writing skills;
- Knowledge of French or other European languages is highly desirable; and
- Experience in planning events or conferences would be an asset;
- Authorisation to work in the EU.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org