The Inter-American Foundation (IAF) is an independent agency of the United States government whose mission is to promote grassroots development throughout Latin America and the Caribbean. To achieve this, the IAF responds to innovative ideas presented by the organized
poor from Latin and South America aimed at improving their livelihoods. See www.iaf.gov for
The IAF requires the part-time services of one (or more) contractors to assist with research, analytical and other related administrative tasks as needed.
For work described below, the IAF will provide compensation to the Contractor at the rate of $15/hour, for not more than 250 hours. In no case shall more than $3,750.00 be provided under this agreement. The period of performance is projected to be March 1, 2020 –September 30, 2020. Work can be offsite, using the contractor’s own equipment and at times agreed upon by both parties, though visits to IAF’s DC office for resources is required.
Specific duties will include:
1. Conduct research on IAF publications between 1992 through 2020 to create an index of articles/titles, authors, subjects (including countries), grantees
2. Conducting research using IAF publications and other resources to compile a list of former Advisory Council and Board members
3. Using online technology (Google, Linked-in, other social media, etc.), to find contact information for the above, to update database
4. Conduct research to complete missing contact information and update current professional activities and/or affiliations
5. Incorporate new/updated contact information into database
6. Other duties as they come up
• Experience with analysis, research and applying criteria to tasks.
• Experience using Google Docs
• Experience with Office software – Excel, Word, etc.
• Intermediate reading and speaking Spanish ability preferred
• Willingness to perform database entry tasks
Applications accepted on a rolling basis and will be filled as we find candidates. Please submit an email of interest and resume to Mark Caicedo at [email protected] before March 1, 2020.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org