(RED) is a division of the ONE Campaign that transforms the collective power of consumers into a financial force to help others in need. (RED) works with the world’s most iconic brands – including Apple, AirAsia, Belvedere, Bank of America, and Salesforce – to drive contributions to the Global Fund. To date, (RED) has contributed more than $600 million to the Global Fund and over 140 million people have been reached with testing, counseling, treatment, and other services due to HIV/AIDS programs that (RED) supports.
At (RED), we believe in encouraging and inspiring the next generation to challenge inequalities and injustices around the world. Through (RED)’s post-college Fellowship Program, fellows will achieve professional and personal goals, all while becoming an advocate for (RED) and the Global Fund in the process.
It is an exciting time to be at (RED). The global health community is making strides in the fight to end AIDS and (RED)'s role in engaging the private sector is more crucial than ever.
- The Projects: The fellow will have the opportunity to work with their department team on team specific projects, and with the other teams on prospective partner research and activations. Additionally, upon completing the fellowship, the fellow will have completed a personal project and at least one group project focused on the AIDS fight.
- The Mentorship: Each fellow will have a mentor who supports and assists them in meeting their personal and professional objectives. This mentor will be a staff member on a separate team and who will help foster the development of skills and knowledge outside of the fellow’s department team.
- The Workshops: Fellows will participate in weekly workshops to enhance their professional development in preparation for future job opportunities. The workshops will be conducted by staff members and external guest speakers.
At the end of the program, the student will have experienced:
- Hands-on project implementation experience
- Personal and professional development with industry experts
- Internal and external networking opportunities
- The development of skills in the fields of research, problem-solving, program/project management, public speaking, and communication
Candidates must be a December 2019 or May 2020 college graduate who are available Monday – Friday, 35 hours a week in (RED)’s NYC office from
September 1st, 2020 – May 28, 2021.
Hiring is on a rolling basis; however, the job posting will close at 11:59 PST on Friday, March 27th.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Adept at Keynote, Word, and Excel
- Excellent writing and research abilities
- Strong communications skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Discretion and a professional demeanor
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Well-informed on business and pop culture
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
Compensation & Benefits:
- Paid in a bi-weekly stipend
- Access to healthcare, dental, and vision coverage; 401K contribution and match option
- Paid time off, holidays, office closed between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
- Paid sick days
- Commuter benefit
The candidate’s prospective team placement will be told in their interview invitation.
Business Development Team
- Identify & Research key market categories, target partner prospects within each category, and the metrics with which to measure against
- Create pitch-decks with new potential partnership ideas and the ability to create concise summaries of what (RED) has done in the past and should do in the future
- Build comprehensive competitive analysis for (RED), reviewing other CSR related commerce platforms and cause related marketing initiatives
Communications & Digital Team
Communications: 25% of Work
- Assist with press and media relations
- Manage media tracking and produce monthly and quarterly clip reports
- Assist with (RED) media mailings for various events and product launches
- Support the (RED) team with administrative functions, including data management on Salesforce, note taking, shipments and general logistical support
- Assist with special events planning and logistics
Digital: 75% of Work
- Pitch, edit, and produce highly – shareable, social-first content that drives new audiences to (RED) through Facebook and Instagram Stories
- Develop new ideas for Instagram Stories and Facebook Videos based off the current Social Media Calendar, and then execute on these ideas from start to finish
- Proactively monitor & research consumer conversations, competition, industry, creative trends and ideate breakthrough social activation, content inspirations and productions
- Bring design and production knowledge to assist in creation of digital assets
- Work with the team on (RED) properties and campaigns
- Work with communications team on production of videos and digital assets
- Interested in bringing your experience or learning about vlogging and blogging
- Experience with Adobe Suite is required, focus on photo and video is preferred
- Working knowledge with a camera/video camera is a plus
- Comfortable using social media platforms
- Experience with storytelling
Operations & Impact Team
- Generate prospective grant revenue for (RED) through drafts of well- researched, well written, and well documented grant/fund-raising proposals
- Assist in managing Salesforce data and reporting
- Assist Chief of Staff with special events logistics
- Manage daily office functions and support various strategic projects and ongoing initiatives
- Work with Legal team on contract process, reporting, writing agreements, and trademark portfolio management
- Conduct desk research of companies, advocacy organizations and HIV/AIDS news and policy updates
- Manage inbox of general inquiries to (RED) and respond as appropriate on an ongoing basis
- Update and maintain (RED) policy statistic sheets and in-country success stories
- Assist with special events planning and logistics
- Assist with the compilation of briefing materials for (RED)’s Africa Trip
- Assist in transcribing and archiving footage and imagery from impact trips
- Enter appropriate data in Salesforce, manage dashboards, and analytics
- Assist with the activation of marketing plans in line with our two tent-pole campaigns, EAT (RED) SAVE LIVES and (SHOPATHON)RED
- Assist with special event planning and logistics for partner related events
- Lead on tracking and recapping partner activity, inputting partner specific data into Salesforce and creating externally facing decks to communicate campaign results
- Conduct research and assist partnerships team in expanding on current partnerships
- Assist in managing partner product inventory, product seeding, and product ordering
Fluency in English required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org