Galileo is looking for a performance-driven Associate Director, Recruitment Programs to join our People Operations leadership team, and to be our in-house, strategic talent acquisition, channels and recruitment visionary and executor.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Who are you?
- You are inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose. Innovation education, project-based learning, and working in a professional, welcoming, deeply camp-inspired environment should sound like things you’re ready to explore or sign up for.
- You’re a performance-driven, deeply accountable, data-hungry strategist. Problem solving makes you downright giddy. You look at the details of life through a lens of optimization, measurement and efficiency and feel responsible for getting things done
- You love working on talent acquisition. You have experience in talent acquisition and are hungry for the latest, newest, best ideas in building bustling pipelines of great candidates at volume, finding great people, and (even in your free time) think about and pursue new information about talent tools, channels, and strategy.
- You’re a leader — a servant leader — at heart. You treat all who rely on your work as clients, and have a desire to support and maximize the potential of your team and colleagues, both personally and professionally.
- You’re an adept time manager. You have a keen sense of what needs your focus, and when to switch gears from detail management to supportive mentorship.
- You can color outside the lines. You like to refine and improve existing systems, but are also a creative problem solver who isn’t afraid to try new solutions to age-old challenges.
What’s the job, really?
We’re looking for a people-focused Associate Director, Recruitment Programs who is both visionary and a deft executor, ready to greet a large-scale hiring operation with eagerness.
- You’ll create and execute the plan to find great people (in large numbers) to join the Galileo team and will be accountable to the application targets we need each year. This work includes optimizing online recruitment strategies and channels, vendor and agency management, and helping build out our university/campus recruiting and strategic partnerships strategies. Your work will help bring in over 3,200 summer staff, 20-30 Camp Directors and several HQ positions across the Bay, Chicago and Southern California annually, in collaboration with our territory directors.
- You’ll obsess over data and use it to understand what’s working and not working, measure progress toward goals and to adjust course as needed. You’ll regularly communicate metrics headlines and hiring progress to hiring team members and the greater company.
- You’ll lead, support, collaborate and develop. You will lead and manage a team of 3-5, leveraging high expectations and thoughtful support to push your team to greatness. You will also collaborate a lot—primarily with your peers who lead employee branding, marketing and staff selection as well as hiring managers, other teams across Galileo and external partners.
- You’ll contribute to the short and long-term vision of the People Operations team. You will be part of the leadership team on the People Operations team and help refine and expand the vision for how the team will maximize opportunities and execute with excellence in the midst of growth and scale for the next few years. You will report to the VP, People.
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years in a talent acquisition role, especially experience with program management and using multiple sourcing techniques to identify qualified and diverse candidates. Sourcing experience with educators, college students and/or seasonal roles a plus.
- 3+ years of people-oriented management experience and leadership: people want to work with you and for you.
- Experience and a love for using data to drive strategies and plans.
- Experience managing vendors and recruiting campaigns, including cost negotiation.
- Demonstrated experience building and scaling systems, with a lens towards creative problem solving.
- A desire to work for a mission-driven organization.
- The ability to collaborate closely with others and operate as both a manager and individual contributor.
- Knowledge of systems/channels such as iCIMS, Indeed, Appcast, Handshake a plus.
- Readiness to stick around; we've been named one of The Best Places to Work in the Bay Area for ten consecutive years, and find that our team and team members benefit from a 3 year minimum commitment.
Benefits & Compensation
- Salary competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
- Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available.
- Generous parental leave and extensive support with leave planning.
- 401(k) provided after one year of employment; current Galileo contribution is 3%, with an employee contribution option.
- We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need; 20 personal days per year.
- We offer a significant camp discount to year-round and seasonal employees
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org