The incumbent is responsible for the design and management of the annual glooal program of Summer Schools that take place each year, as well as for implementing and monitoring the delivery of the WIPO Summer School Program, which is one of the key programmatic activities of the Academic Institutions.
The incumbent works under the supervision of the Head of the Academic Institutions and Executive Program of the WIPO Academy.
The incumbent collaborates with external partners and colleagues in relevant Divisions within WIPO to ensure the successful delivery of the Summer Schools in an effective and efficient manner and in compliance with all relevant WIPO Regulations and Rules.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the following principal duties
- Prepare, manage and monitor the Workplan for the Academic Institutions and Executive Program as related to the WIPO Summer School Program;
- Develop policy guidelines and operational modalities for incorporation in Partnership Agreements for all partners involved in respective Summer Schools;
- Identify and recommend further improvements to the Summer School Program in terms of effectiveness and efficiency;
- Represent the WIPO Academy at selected Summer Schools and deliver presentations on the work of WIPO and the WIPO Academy;
- Coordinate administrative arrangements with senior Government counterparts or senior officials from partner institutions and universities and conducting meetings with senior officials of partner institutions to agree on the organization of the programs;
- Manage requests for new Summer School Programs and, when accepted, implement the new Program and manage the resources required to ensure they remain within the existing budget, and comply with all relevant WIPO Policies, Regulations and Rules;
- Ensure the effective and efficient administration of all Summer Schools including the following duties: drafting of programs; all aspects related to hiring the services of IP experts/lecturers; ensuring that all the administrative arrangements for the WIPO Summer Schools are implemented effectively, on time and within budget;
- Supervise the work of the support staff required during peak periods of implementation of the programs, as well as nominated class representatives;
- Evaluate feedback from participants to support continuous improvements to the program;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- First-level university degree in business administration, political science, law, management, social science, international relations, or a related discipline.
- At least three years of relevant professional experience, including experience in the field of technical cooperation, technical assistance or administering of training programs. An advanced university degree in one of the aforementioned disciplines may be accepted in lieu of two years of experience;
- Experience in an international environment.
- Experience in administering training programs or courses in the field of intellectual property.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Good knowledge of another official UN language.
Job Related Competencies
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent presentation skills and capacity to provide training to different categories of audience, including government officials;
- Familiarity with the work and processes of an international organization;
- Ability to build effective networks working across all levels of seniority;
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and the internet, and the ability to work with databases and adapt quickly to new systems and software;
- Client-oriented with the ability to deliver accurate and consistent client services in a timely manner;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Excellent drafting skills and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org