Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
The Banyan Global Senior Program Coordinator provides financial, administrative, and programmatic support to assist in the implementation of Banyan Global’s worldwide projects. This position is ideal for a candidate with at least two years of experience in international development, who is looking for their next step of career growth and wants deepen to their experience starting up and supporting a large field program and increase their knowledge in the health, gender, and economic growth fields. This position reports directly to the Director, Contracts & Operations and is based in Washington, DC. Candidates must have either U.S. citizenship, temporary residency, or a work permit.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide project coordination support to Banyan Global’s projects.
- Support project start-up, including opening a field office, hiring staff, and supporting development of key start-up deliverables.
- Process travel advances, expense reports, and invoices.
- Assist program manager with budget development, pipeline tracking and analysis, and budget modifications.
- Draft consulting agreements and mobilize staff and consultants for long- and short-term assignments, including handling travel logistics. Serve as primary contact for consultants on administrative issues.
- Liaise with contracting agencies, USAID, and other clients on administrative issues.
- Work with program managers and consultants to produce project deliverables in technical areas, such as health, economic growth, gender, and monitoring, evaluation, and learning. This will include researching, editing, and formatting documents and training materials, and developing PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist with new business development.
- Assist with communications outreach, website updates, and success stories.
- International travel may be required on an occasional basis.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- French speaking proficiency (intermediate working fluency).
- At least two years of experience in international development and USAID program implementation.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, experience editing a plus.
- Experience with project budgeting, pipeline analysis, and new business development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Strong office and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work within deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org