We are looking for an Events and Operations Officer to join us at EASPD’s headquarters in Brussels. The Events and Operations officer will work in close cooperation with EASPD’s Operations Manager as well as our Membership and Communications Officers. Working as a part of the EASPD team, the officer will play a key role in the organisation of international conferences, multiple and varied events in Brussels and across Europe while also supporting the day-to-day office management of the organisation. The work will involve covering a broad variety of topics in the field of human rights and social services.
Persons with disabilities are particularly welcome to apply for the position.
Overview of duties
- Contributing to the planning and implementation of international conferences;
- Planning and implementation of events in Brussels, including in European Institutions such as the European Parliament;
- Managing relationships with key events and operations vendors & providers.
- Supporting the promotion of events and conferences before and during the event as well as promotion of the event outputs;
- Supporting the Communication Officer in the realisation of ad hoc communication campaigns.
- The officer will be expected to perform some office management duties, as assigned by the Operations Manager;
- Supporting the Operations Manager to analyse workflow process, employee and space requirements and equipment needed;
- The officer may be selected to perform tasks related to EASPD’s working groups and projects.
- Degree in Event management, Communication, Media, Public Administration or Project Management;
- Fluent written and spoken English;
- Fluent written and spoken in Dutch or French
- Proactive and dynamic character;
- Ability to work under pressure and respect deadlines;
- Previous experience in events and office management;
- Problem-solving attitude
- Computer literacy, especially a very good command of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience with E-mail Marketing Software, notably Mailchimp;
- Fluent written and spoken in another EU language would be a major asset;
- Previous experience in an NGO;
- Experience with European projects.
- Negotiation skills with service providers and venues
Terms of the contract
- The selected person must have a valid permit to work in the EU
- The workstation is the EASPD headquarters in Brussels (BE)
- Open-end contract of 38 hours per week; remuneration according to Belgian legislation; PC 329 (Social Sector)
- Starting date: (preferably) Mid July
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work with a well-respected European NGO in Brussels.
- Working in a young multicultural, inclusive environment
- A chance to learn more about the social care & support sectors and organisations from all over Europe
- The possibility to contribute to the building of a more social and inclusive Europe
- Travel opportunities
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org