Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is accepting applications for an Intern for the Clean Cities Blue Ocean, a USAID-funded project. The CCBO intern would engage in a variety of work activities that would support CCBO’s international project by assisting with capacity development and governance in the program’s focus countries.
About Clean Cities, Blue Ocean
In 2019, Tetra Tech was awarded the CCBO program, a five-year, $48 million contract from the USAID Bureau of Economic Growth, Education, and Environment’s Office of Land and Urban. CCBO is the Agency’s flagship program to respond to the global crisis of ocean plastic pollution, designed to target ocean plastics pollution directly at its source in cities and towns, specifically in rapidly urbanizing areas throughout many low- and middle-income countries. Under direction from USAID’s Office of Land and Urban, and in collaboration with global, regional, and local stakeholders, CCBO will test, scale, and share inclusive and sustainable reduce, reuse, recycle (3R) and solid waste management (SWM) solutions in focal countries and selected municipalities within. The objectives of CCBO are to: promote 3R practices and strengthen local and regional markets for recycled plastics; build social and behavior change (SBC) for the 3Rs and sustainable SWM; increase capacity and effective governance for SWM and recycling systems; and support international fora, public-private partnerships (PPPs), and multi-stakeholder alliances.
This is a paid, full time internship that may work remotely.
What you'll be doing
The CCBO intern would engage in a variety of work activities that would support CCBO’s international project by assisting with capacity development and governance in the program’s focus countries. This may include:
• Researching data for 3Rs and SWM to build spreadsheets which outline the baseline information in the areas we’re working;
• Obtaining copies of documents (such as laws, plans, etc.) from the targeted areas in the countries in which we’re working;
• Collecting information on model programs that we can use as examples of best practices;
• Developing bibliographies of the research documents used to inform the CCBO team; and
• Maintaining a database of CCBO contacts by country and sector.
What we're looking for in you
* Recently completed or in-progress Degree in international relations, public policy, political science, or environmental science
* An interest in international policy and development
* Spanish fluency is a plus
* Proven writing and editing skills
* Proficient in MS Office software
* Close attention to detail
* Eligible to work in the US without employer sponsorship
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org