Job Function: International
Program Director: Asia-Pacific Youth Leadership
The National Democratic Institute (NDI) is seeking a Program Director for an upcoming Youth Leadership program across the Asia-Pacific region focusing on anti-corruption and open government. The position will be based in Taipei, Taiwan. The primary responsibilities of the position will be to provide technical leadership on positive youth development approaches to support the meaningful civic and political engagement of Asia-Pacific young people. The ideal candidate also will represent NDI externally to build positive relations with Taiwanese and broader Asia-Pacific civil society and government as well as US and other foreign representatives in Taiwan and around the region.
A multi-year commitment is expected for this position. This position is contingent upon the confirmation of funding from the donor and is expected to begin in fall 2020. The Program Director will report to the Regional Director for Asia-Pacific based in Washington, D.C. Candidates should have the ability to live and work in Taiwan without sponsorship.
- Provide technical leadership for NDI's youth leadership program across the Asia-Pacific region, including the planning and coordination of activities to support and harness emerging political leaders in the region and incorporate youth - including young girls and boys - from underserved, urban marginalized communities and rural marginalized areas with the goal of developing an inclusive, representative next generation of civil society and political leaders;
- Manage activities supporting diverse populations of young people and politically active citizens to develop the skills and knowledge to be effective leaders and advocates for a more prosperous, transparent, accountable, and democratic Asia-Pacific;
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with civil society and government leaders in Taiwan and across the region;
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to program partners and beneficiaries on youth leadership development and political organizing, advocacy, anti-corruption and open government, policy and platform development, gender mainstreaming and inclusion of marginalized populations, transparency, accountability, and strategic communications;
- Coordinate with other donor-funded programs across the region to identify and recruit participants and ensure complementary project implementation;
- Provide technical input on program materials, including work plans and reports that evaluate program developments;
- Support monitoring and evaluation processes to measure program impact, results and high-quality data collection, analysis, and reporting;
- Regularly gather and analyze feedback from program participants and manage adaptations to program design and implementation based on participants' needs.
- A Bachelor's degree in education, sociology, social psychology, social work, political science, peace and security studies, gender, anthropology or highly related fields required;
- At least 14 years overall experience with 8-10 years demonstrative technical expertise in youth leadership, positive youth development, and political organizing;
- An excellent track record of achieving results in positive youth development, particularly youth civic and political engagement and participation;
- Demonstrated understanding of marginalization, intersectionality, gender, and inclusion of diverse populations;
- Experience in USG-funded program management desirable;
- Demonstrated training experience and workshop facilitation skills;
- Proven capacity to communicate skills and experience to others as a trainer and advisor;
- Superior oral and written communications skills to present information in a clear and persuasive manner;
- High-level interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Extensive project management and coordination skills;
- Exceptional analytical skills for interpreting complex program and political issues;
- Knowledge of Google applications, PC-based word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications, and e-mail technology;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Mandarin is required;
- Ability to live and work in Taiwan without visa sponsorship.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all, NDI bases its employment decisions on merit, qualifications and abilities. NDI is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please apply on-line through NDI's website at: www.ndi.org/careers
Apply here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/y2ntyrxr5rwfy7zg