The contractor supporting this position shall perform analysis and intelligence research support related to nuclear or radiological issues. Depending upon the specific need of the office, the analyst shall focus on topics related to the nuclear fuel cycle, nuclear weapons, nuclear or radiological material security, nuclear proliferation technology, and/or nuclear terrorism.
What You'll Get to Do:
The contractor fulfilling this position shall work in one of the divisions of IN’s Intelligence Analysis Directorate with a focus dependent upon the mission of the assigned division. Topical focus areas may include nuclear fuel cycle, nuclear weapons, nuclear or radiological material security, nuclear proliferation technology, and nuclear terrorism. The primary duty of the position involves producing and disseminating written technical intelligence products, providing customized briefings and assessments to senior DOE and NNSA policymakers, and interfacing with other members of the IC and the DOE National Laboratories.
- Serve as an analyst, whose duties include developing, coordinating, and conducting allsource research and analysis to produce finished intelligence products for consumption by DOE/NNSA headquarters officials, field and laboratory experts, and US IC.
- Directly interface with senior DOE/NNSA officials and technical experts to produce customized intelligence products and briefings that draw upon analytic expertise and detailed knowledge of the global nuclear or radiological landscape.
- Inquire with other agency representatives to obtain clarification on reporting, as necessary and coordinate on interagency products.
- Directly interface with DOE/NNSA laboratory experts to develop technically sound and analytically rigorous assessments that draw upon the individual’s expertise and external intelligence reporting.
- Monitor intelligence and open source reporting for relevance to IN-10 missions, providing initial assessments of reports in regards to established or developing threat streams.
- Maintain situational awareness of developing global and national events, informing IN and the broader DOE community of items of interest or concern.
- Respond to incoming inquiries from within DOE and the broader intelligence communities regarding IN’s equities.
- Develop materials in support of briefings to senior personnel within DOE and NNSA, as well as senior policy customers in the US government and the IC.
- Complete individual and team-based tasks from management in support of strategic missions, resulting in both draft and finished products.
- Attend interagency working group meetings related to mission focus.
- Requires a BA degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Position requires contractor to have earned a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university college in a related discipline such as nuclear engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, physics, international relations, or political science. Possession of a Master’s Degree is a plus.
- A background and demonstrated experience in the analysis and evaluation of technical and scientific data or information related to nuclear policy, security or nonproliferation.
- Ability to internalize technical facts and reporting, spot issues, process data, develop well-reasoned and sophisticated intellectual arguments or conclusions, and clearly package or present these arguments orally and in writing.
- Strong grasp of international affairs and global nuclear or radiological security issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a proven ability to perform in an outstanding manner and deliver high-quality work products under tight deadlines.
- The ability to write, peer-review, and present a variety of recurring and special reports, messages, briefings, and information papers.
- Some proficiency working with large quantities of information and understanding of the basic science and engineering concepts associated with nuclear or radiological technologies.
- Proficiency with automated data processing capabilities and their uses including Microsoft Office applications.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org