People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide. PIN draws on extensive experience across development, emergency and post emergency contexts to design, implement and monitor quality programming. Active in Nepal since right after the earthquake of 2015, PIN Nepal has been supporting house reconstruction and relocation programs for earthquake-affected households. PIN Nepal has also been active in GESI, inclusive education and DRR.
For more information see: People in Need - Nepal
The Head of Programs (HoP) will work closely with PIN program teams and the County Director to oversee, manage, mentor and further expand long-term development as well as emergency programs of PIN Nepal.
Together with Program Managers, the HoP is responsible for PIN Nepal Country Program efforts to develop, innovate and implement programs with the aim to achieve the highest impact while providing quality and accountability to beneficiaries, government, donors and partners. Furthermore, the HoP ensures quality of and synergies among existing and new programs and enhances visibility of PIN Nepal proactively contributing to donor communication and external representation. The HoP reports to PIN Country Director for Nepal Country Program with delegated management and responsibility for key programs and their assigned teams (approximately 40 individuals). The HoP also closely cooperates with Head of Systems & Operations (HoSo) as well as Desk Officer, Regional Head of Program Quality, Relief and Development Department (RDD) Management, and sector specialists in PIN HQ.
- Business development - representation, networking and positioning of PIN programs in Nepal towards partners, government, donors and private sector, participation in the working groups, clusters, contribution to PIN Nepal Country Strategy including communication and advocacy plans
- Establishing strategic partnerships with selected partners
- Fundraising and Grants development - leading on capability statements, quality assessments together with program team in Nepal and global Knowledge & Learning Department of PIN, leading on proposal development and ensuring quality of project proposals
- Team management and capacity development – leading on identification of capacity building needs of Program Managers and program staff and their professional development in cooperation with HQ and other relevant stakeholders in country and globally through training and mentoring, recruitment of key project Staff.
- Overseeing and supporting project implementation, ensuring involving all key stakeholders into the project implementation, following work plans, quality of internal and external reporting, MEAL and budget management
- Ensuring quality of PIN programs including mainstreaming of GESI, climate change and market based approaches and compliance of overall strategy of PIN
- Setting up MEAL department, in collaboration with MEAL coordinator, set up monitoring & evaluation plan for each project with clear impact indicators involving independent M&E mechanisms
- Promote synergies among PIN programs, organize regular program management meetings
- Promote sharing of experiences and lessons learnt within the team and other PIN Country Programs, ensure that all new programs incorporate innovation and push the boundaries of development work
- Ensure cost-effectiveness and transparency of PIN projects, assist Country Director in coordination with Financial/Admin/Logistics sections
- Experience in program management - technical knowledge of PCM and quality assurance in humanitarian/development context
- Leadership and staff management skills, with a record of managing diverse teams and contributing to the capacity building of national and international staff
- Technical knowledge in one or more of the following thematic areas highly preferred: education, disaster management, protection and social inclusion, health, good governance, livelihoods and market based approach, emergency
- Proven experience in drafting proposals and managing key donor-funded projects such as EU, ECHO, DFID, USAID, UN, service contracts, etc.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks independently, responsibly
- Strong critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork attitude
- Fluent English both spoken and written.
- Experience within Nepal and the South Asian region and understanding of local dynamics highly preferred but not required.
- Experience and creativity in alternative fundraising methodologies (Social Media Campaigns, CSR, etc.) highly preferred
People in Need offers:
- Environment of well-established and growing organization;
- Friendly, participatory and results-oriented working environment with extensive opportunities for professional development
- Salary and benefits according to PIN salary scale and HR policies;
- 25 days of paid leave annually along with additional National Holidays based on Nepal Labor Law;
- Housing allowance;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line;
- Robust and thorough induction training at HQ (2 weeks);
- Opportunities for further learning;
- Travel health insurance.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org