Duties and Responsibilities
Support the establishment of the Rapid Response Window
- Coordinate the overall Window work plan plan development and implementation according to approved Concept Note;
- Liaise with the WPHF team, to ensure the Window’s inception phase’s results are achieved and resources are managed;
- Establish systems for project planning, implementation and monitoring, in collaboration with partners;
- Record and maintain documents on relevant Programme activities, issues, and risks.
Direct implementation under the Rapid Response Window Unit
- Support the Call for proposals under the Rapid Response Window;
- Communicate with prospective applicants and respond to questions that might arise;
- Review and assess all requests in line with the RRW requirements and evaluation template;
- Assist with the Preparation of all relevant documentation to be submitted to the technical committee and task force for funding approval.
Guide coordination with implementing partners and other stakeholders
- Manage the selection process of implementing partners under the Rapid Response Window;
- Coordinate relationships with partners to support implementation and expansion of the Window, raise potential problems and provide solutions;
- Identify capacity building needs and support partners through technical assistance, mentoring, training, cross-partner learning, and capacity development initiatives;
- Ensure proper communication of information between all stakeholders, including UN partners, involved.
Contribute to the monitoring and reporting on the WPHF Rapid Response Window
- Gather and compile all information necessary for monitoring and reporting on programmes and projects from the planning to the evaluation stages;
- Support the monitoring of the implementation of activities and the expenditure of funds by partners;
- Write annual and quarterly reports (if relevant); review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Assist with inputs from RRW and results to overall WPHF reporting.
Advocate and facilitate knowledge building and management and communication
- Ensure documentation of the Window implementation process and identify good practices and lessons learned;
- Contribute to the WPHF-C;
- Contribute to the review of the RRW and develop recommendations on improving its business model.
- Identification and selection of Implementing partners;
- Selection of requests for direct support;
- Briefs on the RRW;
- Inputs to WPHF briefs and updates.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and quality implementation against set workplans, timelines and budgets;
- Quality and timely reporting;
- Strong relations with partners and stakeholders;
- Regular and timely monitoring of activities;
- Enhanced best practices and lessons learned documented and circulated.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Strong programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Strong partnership and coordination skills;
- Strong knowledge of Results Based Management;
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports in order to inform management and strategic decision-making;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of UN programme management systems.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in public administration, law, human rights, gender equality, management, social sciences or other related areas is required;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- A project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in managing complex and multi-component programme interventions with national partners, preferably related to women, peace and security;
- Experience in coordinating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programmes and projects;
- Previous experience working in the UN system is an asset.
- Fluency in English and French or Arabic is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language (French or Arabic) is an asset;
- Knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org