As a member of the Gift Planning team, the ‘Associate Development Officer’ will work under the supervision of the director and in collaboration with the broader individual giving team to secure and steward bequests, beneficiary designations, and tax-wise gifts. Our ideal candidate will work well in a fast-paced environment, have experience working with donors, and have exceptional attention to detail. The ‘Associate Development Officer’ will be expected to reach goals related to growing immediate and deferred revenue and increasing donor engagement.
- 40%: Increase immediate and deferred revenue from loyal, legacy, and tax-wise donors through segmented and bespoke cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
- 30%: Enhance donor engagement through personalized communication via email, mail, and phone.
- 15%: Ensure data integrity in PIH’s donor database, Raiser’s Edge, and conduct analyses of data to help identify trends that inform strategy and goals.
- 10%: Support the team coordinating internal review of contracts and legal documents, marketing production calendar, incoming gift tracker, gift annuity checklist, mailing lists, and data cleanup.
- 5%: Partner closely with the stewardship, prospect management, community giving, leadership giving, major giving, marketing communications, development operations, finance, and legal teams to coordinate efforts for loyal, deferred, and tax-smart donors.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience in fundraising or related fields like finance or marketing. Training or coursework in fundraising practices, plus knowledge of current trends in charitable giving, specifically gift planning, a plus.
- Commitment to the Association of Fundraising Professionals code of ethical standards and the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners’ model standards of practice.
- Demonstrated experience using listening, diplomacy, and tact to navigate and build complex relationships. Capable of motivating and inspiring others
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries.
- Experience working with data management systems (working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, PG Calc, and prospecting tools a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a time-sensitive environment, maintain attention to detail/quality, and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Interest in social justice strongly desirable.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org