The Vice-President of US Corporate and Government Affairs will lead IJM’s vision and strategy for activating strategic US multi-national corporation and agencies of the United States government as catalytic drivers, investors and champions of IJM’s model of change. This position will work in close coordination and alignment with the IJM’s regional and frontline country teams collaborating with governments to confront slavery and violence.
This position is based in the Washington, DC area, and reports to the President of IJM US.
- Lead comprehensive activation strategy to move US multinational corporations and US government institutions to partner, invest and champion IJM’s model of change for protecting the poor from violence and exploitation;
- Lead comprehensive strategy to embed IJM’s model of change in US foreign aid strategies and legislative priorities;
- Lead partnership with IJM’s regional program teams to expand IJM’s corporate supply chain product offerings and leverage corporate influence to move host nations to own the end trafficking and violence against the poor;
- Develop, package and disseminate a clear, actionable strategies for corporations to partner in protecting the poor from violence;
- Effectively represent IJM on US and Global platforms as a key thought leader, harnessing IJM and partner experience and expertise to drive new opportunities for partnership and deepening prioritization of citizen security;
- Build highly effective business development team to drive the foregoing results, including strategic growth in grants and funding partnerships with multi-national companies and US government agencies.
- Graduate degree in international development, business administration or equivalent combination of experience and/or education;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience;
- Expertise in the challenges and interventions to address forced labor and human rights abuses in multinational supply chains;
- Proven experience serving in or working closely with the legislative and executive branches of the US Government to shape policy;
- In-depth knowledge and experience with US Government structures and US development assistance mechanisms;
- Superior leadership with proven track record of building strong, aligned and highly effective teams;
- Proven ability to leverage and work effectively with diverse team of experts and specialists;
- Excellent cross-cultural leadership and communication skills.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-awareness;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication;
- Flexible, collaborative and eager to support others;
- Effective team player who fosters collaborative environment;
- Adept at creative problem solving.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org